Finding the right skincare routine can be like solving a jigsaw puzzle. Which product do you use when? (And where? and how?) This week the experts at DDF Skincare (whose Amplifying Elixir some of you may find in your box this month!) hopped on Twitter to answer your questions about piecing together the ideal skincare routine. From when to exfoliate to the benefits of their oh-so-cool new tool, the Revolve 500x, here are our top five favorite tips we learned from our chat:
1. When cold weather hits, double up: “Try exfoliating twice per week, and use a moisturizer with glycerin to help with winter dryness.”
2. While the size of your pores does not actually change (myth buster!), the DDF Wrinkle Resist + Pore Minimizer can help “diminish the look of pores.”
3. Never swap in a nighttime moisturizer for a morning one: “AM formulas are designed to protect, and PM formulas are designed to restore.”
4. When feeling lazy, stick to the basics: “#1 is UV protection every day. A basic skincare regimen is cleanse twice a day and moisturize at night."
5. Why invest in the new DDF Revolve 500x? It boasts a “360 degree rotation technology that your hands/scrubs simply can’t replicate.”
Want more skincare tips? You can read through the entire chat with #AskDDFSkincare.
Dry winter skin giving you the blues? Check out 3 ways to Repair Your Skin Right Now.
Meet The Ace Wrinkle Fighter We Heart
What is it? pūr~lisse pūr~youth preserve age delay skin serum, a potent anti-aging serum powered by blue lotus flower, rice bran, and antioxidants.
Who is it perfect for? Anyone looking to stave off or soften the inevitable effects of Father Time. It might sound counter-intuitive, but you should start to think about anti-aging products around 25 since that’s when your skin starts to lose elasticity. In addition to your regular routine (wash, tone, moisturize, and exfoliate twice a week), add in this featherlight serum to prevent fine lines, wrinkles, and dark circles.
How do I use it? Keep in mind that serums are super concentrated, so a little goes a long way. Start by smoothing on half a pump of product and blend evenly onto your complexion and neck. Here’s the most important step though: allow the gel-like formula to sink in for a few moments before continuing with the next step in you skincare routine. Mixing in another product too soon will prevent the ingredients in the formula from fully sinking into your skin.
Have you tried this age-fighting serum? Tell us what you think!
Love what you see? You could find this product, and ones just like it, in a Birchbox! Here’s how you can join in on the fun.