56 posts tagged wellness
Celebrities Are Baring It All for Magazines, Paul Wesley’s Fitness Routine, and More
- A growing number of stars have been going nude for magazine shoots lately. Check out this round up of celebs who have stripped down. [Beauty High]
- Here’s how the lead hair stylist for The Great Gatsby created the look of the ’20s on over 300 extras in the film. [Fashionista]
- Can’t find the perfect shoes to complete an outfit? Check out Joker’s Closet, a new design-your-own shoe website. [Toronto Life]
- Celebrity hair stylist, Orlando Pita launched his own haircare line which will be sold at Costco. [Refinery29]
Kate Moss for St. Tropez, Phillip Lim Collabs With Target, and More
- Another exciting designer collaboration from Target! The store will debut a collection with Phillip Lim on September 15. [Refinery29]
- Giuliana Rancic lists her five wellness essentials and dishes on the changes to her fitness and eating habits since becoming a mom. [Q]
- The Great Gatsby’s hair and makeup artist gave Allure all the deets on turning Carey Mulligan into Daisy Buchanan. [Allure]
A $75 Lipstick, The Secret Behind SJP’s Faux Hawk, and More
- How long did it take to create SJP’s faux hawk hairstyle for the Met Gala? The stylist behind the look, Serge Normant, dishes on the details. [Who What Wear]
- The ultimate guide to eye makeup, including tips for every eye shape. [BellaSugar]
- Achieve flawless skin with makeup by watching this video tutorial. [Birchbox UK]
Top 20 Lead-Containing Lipsticks, Butter London’s New Royal Polish, And More
- Warning: This list will shock you. Check out the top 20 lead-containing lipsticks from the FDA’s 2012 review of 400 shades. [MotherJones]
- Nina Dobrev reveals her makeup secrets, including her under eye coverup routine, to Beauty High. [Beauty High]
MObama Arm Lifts, Drew Barrymore’s New Hue, And More
- The latest statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show there’s been a significant increase in upper-armlifts and many patients cite FLOTUS’ arms as their goal result. [The Cut]
- Food52 launches a whole new kind of home-and-kitchen shop called Provisions. Sign up now for a sneak peek. [Food52]
- Rihanna’s hairstylist sits down with The Cut and dishes on how she got her start, RiRi’s ever-changing look, and more. [The Cut]
- Marissa Mayer, Yahoo!’s CEO, has revamped the company’s maternity leave policy to give each parent eight weeks of paid leave. [CNN Money]
By now, many of you have received your April Women’s Health Birchbox, so you know that this month is all about tiny tweaks, big results. In honor of that, our video intern, Charisse, is focusing on improving small things in her daily routine. She’ll be sharing the results with all of you, of course! Next up: her snacking habits.
Week Three: Snacking Habits
Though my official title here at Birchbox is Editorial and Video Intern, my unofficial title is Queen of Snacking. As a lifelong fan of Nutella and pretzels, I love sweet and salty things. Let it be known that I also occasionally indulge in a scoop or two of ice cream—and by occasionally, I mean every night. This week, I rose to the challenge of changing my food habits by switching out the snacks and drinking more water.
Reed Krakoff Is Leaving Coach, How To Wear Second Day Hair, And More
- Blue lipstick may win us over yet! Find out what happened when Allure test-drove a navy hue. [Allure]
- Even Jillian Michael’s knows it can be hard to stick with it when you’re working out. Here’s her advice to avoid three common motivation pitfalls. [Well + Good NYC]
- SheFinds found the Fun Dip candy equivalent of nail polish: hello, Julep Neon Powder Nail Kit! [SheFinds]
(Photo: Giovanni Giannoni)
By now, many of you have received your April Women’s Health Birchbox, so you know that this month is all about tiny tweaks, big results. In honor of that, our video intern, Charisse, is focusing on improving small things in her daily routine. She’ll be sharing the results with all of you, of course! Next up: her beauty routine.
(Above: Charisse’s daily routine before, Below: Her updated, slimmed down regimen.)
Week Two: Beauty Routine
When I’m asked how long it takes me to get ready in the morning, my answer of two hours usually triggers a Liz Lemon-inspired "What the what?!" Taking a cue from these responses, I decided that this week would be the perfect time to make some tweaks to my beauty routine. Let me preface by saying that my two hour routine is something I truly enjoy. While it may seem excessive, I love having a leisurely morning without feeling rushed—but I will admit that I could use some more shut-eye. Read on to learn how I streamlined my routine!
By now, many of you have received your April Women’s Health Birchbox so you know that this month is all about tiny tweaks, big results. In honor of that, our video intern, Charisse, is focusing on improving small things in her daily routine. She’ll be sharing the results with all of you, of course! First up: fitness.
Week One: Fitness
Lucky for me, the walk from my apartment to the Birchbox office is about one mile—a completely manageable foot commute. While I know I’m lucky I don’t have to take the subway or bus to get to work, I’d be lying if I said I happily walk the 20 minutes every day. Sometimes I’m running late, or it’s pouring down rain, or my choice of footwear is not exactly distance-appropriate. That’s when I’m guilty of hopping on the M34. But no more—I’m vowing to walk everyday. After all the New York Times says it may actually be better for me than hitting the gym!