We’ve been planning our dream weddings since we were five years old. So it’s no surprise that we can’t get enough of Lover.ly, a wedding inspiration site that lets you search through pics of swoon-worthy gowns, bouquets, and everything else you need for the big day. Once a week, the ladies behind Lover.ly will be sharing their best tips for getting through the craziness of the season—whether you’re standing at the altar or enjoying a view of it from the audience.
From Encore on Lover.ly
Bridesmaid’s got back! While wedding gowns with dramatic and elegant backs have been a major trend in 2013, after October’s Bridal Fashion Week we’re willing to bet that the backless trend will hit bridesmaid dresses in 2014. We love that it’s subtly sexy and more fashion forward than your traditional bridesmaid silhouette.
When it comes to getting a beautiful back for the big day, we recommend exfoliating with dirt. luxe salt scrub followed by a little Caudalie Divine Oil for seriously glowing skin.
Here, our favorite new ways to get the look.
From Amsale on Lover.ly
From Noir by Lazaro on Lover.ly
Photo by: Laura Gordon Photography on Sareh Nouri New York via Lover.ly
From Jim Hjelm Occasions on Lover.ly
Photo by: Watters on Lover.ly via Lover.ly
Want more wedding inspiration?
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
1. Birchbox Goes Mobile: You heard right. Finally, you can carry Birchbox in your pocket, courtesy of our new, easily customizable iPhone app. Go ahead, tap away!
2. 6 Must-Know Beauty Facts: Did you know that the Clarisonic origin story ties back to NASA? Check out these six baffling beauty facts compiled by our UK team—these will definitely make for optimal cocktail chatter.
3. BBC Reporter Gets Airbrushed: What does it feel like to get all of your imperfections erased virtually? Surprisingly, not that great.
4. Bowing Down to Queen B: It’s no secret we’re big Beyonce fans here at Birchbox (ahem). Inspired by her superfan Chris Koo’s video love letter to “Crazy in Love,” we “count down” our favorite Bey-inspired tributes.
5. 5 Blushing Brides: Our friends at Lover.ly were tickled pink by the romantic, rose-colored gown trend seen at Bridal Fashion Week.
Get a text with the download link for the Birchbox app sent straight to your phone!
We’ve been planning our dream weddings since we were five years old. So it’s no surprise that we can’t get enough of Lover.ly, a wedding inspiration and e-commerce site. Once a week, the ladies behind Lover.ly will be sharing their expert advice on all things nuptials—whether you’re standing at the altar or enjoying a view of it from the audience.