As you may have noticed, this has been a big week for us. Birchbox finally got a male counterpart! As you can imagine, that means there’s been quite a few long work days for our tech team, who built a completely new website. This week, we’re sharing rock star Senior Software Engineer Becky’s desk. Find out what she has to say about a few of the items at her very cute, very organized station.
You may or may not have noticed, but we’ve been a little behind on our team intros. Deena came to us from Gilt a few months ago to lead our marketing team and is revolutionizing the way we do things. Somehow, after hours spent working on customer acquisition, search advertising, and Google Analytics, she has time to be a rockstar mom of two and a yoga instructor! We’re not sure how she does it, but we’re definitely jealous of her ability to stay Zen while working in such a fast-paced office!
Deena Bahri, VP Marketing
Hometown: Wyckoff, New Jersey
Beauty confession: I don’t own a blow dryer. Or foundation.
Currently loving: Deborah Lippmann thanks to Birchbox! I was not a nail polish girl before I encountered her products. But for the last four weeks, my nails have been painted in the most outrageous colors and I can’t stop staring at them.
Worth the splurge: Korres Showergel in Guava. It may not get you cleaner than regular soap, but it sure makes you smell delicious.
Best beauty trick: I use my eyebrow brush on my eyelashes post-mascara application to help separate and soften my look.
The rumors are true. Birchbox.com has had a little work done. We have a fresh look, bigger images, and some snazzy new navigation buttons. It’s a whole lot easier to find everything, whether it’s information about your account, new articles and videos, or must-have items in our shop. Even our blog has gotten the nip & tuck treatment! We’re still working out some minor kinks but we’re pretty psyched with it and we think you will be too!
Get a closer look at our new facelift at Birchbox.com and be sure to let us know what you think in the comments!
A gigantic bear-sized thank you to our
plastic surgeons tech and creative teams for their tireless work and never-ending awesomeness.
One of the coolest things about working at Birchbox is that our founders, Katia and Hayley, sit right alongside us in the office. They’re always available when we have questions, want to touch base, or just want to say hi — no stuffy corner offices here! Today we’re featuring Katia’s desk. She has tons of lovely goodies for us to peek at!
1. Cynthia Rowley Sunglasses: These tell everyone not to mess with me! They’re soon to be joined by a new pair of Warby Parker glasses. (similar style linked)
2. Caramel from a Birchbox Member: We really do have the best customers in the world. One of them sent our customer service team caramels and I snagged one for later.
3. A card for our Fashion’s Night Out party! We’ll be rocking all night with Scoop NYC, Citizens of Humanity, and Yosi at Scoop’s Meatpacking location. Stay tuned for more details!
4. Ingrid Michaelson CDs: Love her! Feel free to make fun of me for still having CDs.
5. Oribe Apres Beach Wave + Shine Spray: I’m already a HUGE fan of the Oribe Texturizing Spray so I know this will be a new staple in the office. (Launching Soon)
6. False Lashes by Faux Lash: Our new friends at Faux Lash sent these over and they’re perfect for getting an ultra glam look.
7. A cute post-it from my husband, Greg, who is also our video producer!
8: A partially hidden scary beauty ad: to remind us to always focus on beautiful, real women!
9: Skull Candy Headphones: Courtesy of team member, Rachel. I wear these when I really need to focus or jam on Turntable.fm! You can get your own Skull Candy earbuds with a purchase on Birchbox.
Find all of Katia’s favorite beauty products in the Birchbox Shop today!