Because how could we not reblog the Spice Girls?!
(Photos: LaFace Records, Sundance Channel, Lisa Frank)
From the revival of Doc Martins to grunge-inspired runway shows, ’90s throwbacks are everywhere these days. Not that we’re complaining. After all, it was the decade that spawned girl power and an infinite number of crushes on Zack Morris.
After the New York Times smartly broke down the reinterpreted grunge look in an article last week, we decided to revisit our favorite looks from the ’90s and give them a modern facelift. Cue up your favorite Now That’s What I Call Music! CD and join us on a trip down memory lane.
Most of the ‘Spices’—Sporty, Posh, Scary, and Baby—rehearsing for their big reunion on Sunday. (photo: E! Online)
- Oh Em Gee, you guys! The Spice Girls are back and are officially performing at the Olympics closing ceremony. The group was spotted rehearsing (riding on top of cabs no less!) on Thursday. Start practicing your “Wannabe” dance routine! [E! Online]
- WWD just released their Beauty Inc Top 100 issue and revealed that L’Oreal is the world’s biggest beauty company. Their sales totaled $28.33 billion this year. That’s a whole lotta BB Cream. [Huffington Post]
- Reem Acra’s releasing an eponymous fragrance in October and the print ad for the fragrance, featuring Crystal Renn, has just been released. Renn looks gorgeous (natch) in a flowing red dress by the designer and Hollywood waves. [Styleite]
- An exercise fanatic tries out and reviews the spinning phenomenon, SoulCycle. Incidentally, the Union Sq location is just around the corner from our office and a sizeable percentage of the staff is obsessed. [Into The Gloss]
- What happens when a blogger and certified lipstick addict goes a few days without makeup? A new-found appreciation for her favorite accessory. [Stylelist]
We can’t wait to try Acra’s new fragrance come October but in the meantime, we’ll be finding a new signature scent in the Birchbox Shop.
All American 1930’s glamour—with sweet upswept hair—was in vogue at Michael Kors fall 2012 runway show. (Photo: wwd.com)
For more runway beauty, look no further than these behind-the-scenes posts.