We’ve been planning our dream weddings since we were five years old. So it’s no surprise that we can’t get enough of Lover.ly, a wedding inspiration site that lets you search through pics of swoon-worthy gowns, bouquets, and everything else you need for the big day. Once a week, the ladies behind Lover.ly will be sharing their best tips for getting through the craziness of the season—whether you’re standing at the altar or enjoying a view of it from the audience.
(Photo by: Lane Dittoe on Bridal Musings via Lover.ly)
While a fun night out with the girls before your wedding sounds like a blast, the modern bachelorette party can sometimes leave something to be desired. Many young women go to several a year, and the traditional plan (drinking on a party bus, rocking hats shaped like a certain part of the male anatomy) can get old after a while. Why not plan a fun, unique event filled with tons of pampering instead? If your bridesmaid duties involve planning the bachelorette party—or if you’re a bride who isn’t sure she wants to wear a banner and a tiara in public—here’s our advice for making it an experience everyone will love.
Most of the ‘Spices’—Sporty, Posh, Scary, and Baby—rehearsing for their big reunion on Sunday. (photo: E! Online)
- Oh Em Gee, you guys! The Spice Girls are back and are officially performing at the Olympics closing ceremony. The group was spotted rehearsing (riding on top of cabs no less!) on Thursday. Start practicing your “Wannabe” dance routine! [E! Online]
- WWD just released their Beauty Inc Top 100 issue and revealed that L’Oreal is the world’s biggest beauty company. Their sales totaled $28.33 billion this year. That’s a whole lotta BB Cream. [Huffington Post]
- Reem Acra’s releasing an eponymous fragrance in October and the print ad for the fragrance, featuring Crystal Renn, has just been released. Renn looks gorgeous (natch) in a flowing red dress by the designer and Hollywood waves. [Styleite]
- An exercise fanatic tries out and reviews the spinning phenomenon, SoulCycle. Incidentally, the Union Sq location is just around the corner from our office and a sizeable percentage of the staff is obsessed. [Into The Gloss]
- What happens when a blogger and certified lipstick addict goes a few days without makeup? A new-found appreciation for her favorite accessory. [Stylelist]
We can’t wait to try Acra’s new fragrance come October but in the meantime, we’ll be finding a new signature scent in the Birchbox Shop.