We’ve seen her without the over-the-top bronzer before, but never this glamorous. Nicole Polizzi, better known as Snooki from MTV’s Jersey Shore, is featured in V Magazine’s Summer 2012 issue. The reality TV star spoke to the magazine about her new book, her new Jersey Shore spin-off, and of course her pregnancy. She told V, “I can’t wait to meet my kid! Everyone will be surprised to see a different side of me. I’m loving, caring, sensitive, protective, and very maternal, no matter what people might think.”
Protesters picketing the offices of People Magazine after learning that Bradley Cooper, not Ryan Goslin was awarded the Sexiest Man of the Year award. Photo: TheGloss.
- Somehow we missed seeing Snooki on Conan yesterday. Luckily, TheGloss watched and alerted us to the fact that the Jersey Shore star uses cat litter as an exfoliant. According to one commenter, that’s not an unheard of beauty trick but it still sounds pretty gross. [The Gloss]
- Who’s ready for holiday parties? We are! If you need some inspiration to get you ready, this makeup tutorial featuring a Benefit makeup artist is just the ticket. [Refinery29]
- MAC’s new Viva Glam campaign image featuring Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin is finally here. It’s obviously over the top and includes among other things, a giant lipstick and Nicki posing on a motorcycle. [Fashionista]
- As far as crush-worthy designers go, Rachel Roy is pretty up there. We just learned we have one more reason to love her: a new eye shadow palette available now. Read more about the collection and her beauty tips. [Styleite]
- There are lots of women we consider style icons but Simon Doonan has a few ideas about fashion icons today too including a few unconventional picks. Click through for some talking points so next time someone asks you who your style icon is you can answer someone other than Audrey Hepburn (although we love Audrey!) [Slate]
There’s nothing like a little weekend retail therapy in the Birchbox Shop to get over a long week!
Operations associate, Loren, has a thing for nails and we can’t blame her. We love reading about new finishes and fun techniques, so we thought we’d give her a weekly slot on our blog to wax poetic about all things manicure (and pedicure!) related. Check back every Thursday for Nailing It, Birchbox’s dedicated polish series.
Clockwise top Left: Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, and Snooki. (All photos: BellaSugar)
I absolutely adore red carpet pre-awards show coverage because I love to check out what celebs are wearing, especially on their nails. This past Sunday, I was glued to my TV for MTV’s annual Video Music Awards, and luckily the stars did not disappoint with their fashion or their manicures. From Katy Perry’s intricate design that perfectly matched her outfit to Snooki’s glittery fan-like tips, I was able to take a close up look at the best accessories of the evening on BellaSugar’s awesomely comprehensive roundup.
Who was your favorite?
Just FYI: Our go-to manicure shade of the moment is Deborah Lippmann’s sherber-color Lara’s Theme.