One of the biggest beauty wives’s tales around is that pores open and close. While that’s not true, as we age, the natural loss of collagen, dead skin cell buildup, and prolonged exposure to UV rays can result in pores that appear larger. Luckily, DDF®’s Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer Moisturizing Serum keeps pores gone rogue in check. The lightweight primer-meets-serum not only minimizes the appearance of pores, but it also targets fine lines and dryness.
The serum’s strategy is two-fold: First, the light-refracting formula masks pores and wrinkles for a smoother overall look. Second, vitamins B3, B5, E, glycerin and advanced amino peptides hydrate and regenerate the skin’s surface.
Have you tried this product?
PS: Join us October 23 at 4pm ET for a Twitter Chat with DDF’s Lead Research & Development Specialist. She’ll be answering all of your skincare questions—from the how to tackle pores to the right products for your skin type. To participate, tweet your questions with #AskDDFSkincare and you could win one of five Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizers! Don’t forget to follow @birchbox and @ddfskincare to keep up with the conversation. We’re looking forward to chatting with you!
In the 18th century, Marie Antoinette kicked the gossip mill into overdrive by sitting for an official portrait in a corset-less (gasp!) muslin dress. As it turns out, the lightweight fabric’s renown dates back even further, with more uses than even the most tricked-out Swiss Army knife. Don’t believe us? Take a peek at the textile’s unexpectedly fascinating Wikipedia entry for a full rundown.
What’s on Staffer’s Desks: An Ultra-Nourishing Cream
We’re bringing back one of our all-time favorite conceits: What’s on Staffers’ Desks. Now that we have four international offices—New York, Barcelona, Paris and London—we’ve got plenty of fun snapshots to share. Be on the lookout for these peeks into the world of Birchbox!
"This Kueshi intensity care cream is amazing! I use it to soothe the skin on my arms and hands, which is prone to dermatitis. The formula is paraben free and uses all-natural ingredients like aloe, shea butter, rose hip and jojoba oil. It really works wonders, even on my extremely sensitive skin. I keep another one of these at home, too—just in case!”
—Doro, Marketing Director Birchbox ES
Curious to see other staffer’s desks? Sneak a peek here.
From the importance of SPF to the wonders of dry shampoo, I’ve learned a lot during my time on Team Birchbox. Chief among them? The importance of starting an anti-aging routine in your 20s. I know, I know. I can hear the objections from here—What about throwing caution to the wind? What about youthful naiveté?
But during your 20s preventative care and early treatment can help you maintain that youthful glow well into your twilight years. We recently found out about a new line from cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Fredric Brandt that was created just for newbies to the anti-aging skincare game.
Figuring out how to order your skincare lineup can feel like trying to solve a rubik’s cube—not impossible but clearly a challenge. You’ve got a bathroom shelf filled with products, but which comes first?
The good news is you don’t to have to be a dermatologist to learn how to get the most out of your beauty routine. Just use this nifty diagram and the tips below to layer your products like a pro.
Thanks to the sky-rocketing temps and humidity, our skin is constantly on the verge of an epic breakout during the sticky summer months. In a valiant effort to avoid a major complexion revolt, we’re incorporating these seven game-changing tips into our daily skincare routines.
- Whether blemish-prone or drier than the Sahara Desert, your complexion needs a daily dose of moisturizer to stay pimple free. Use this cheat sheet to find the right moisturizer for your skin type.
- The key to maintaining bright, glowy skin when the thermostat rises? Exfoliation. Watch this video to find out how to properly prep and slough dead skin to get a radiant glow in no time.
- A solid pimple prevention plan is half the battle. Stop zits before they start with our handy acne guide, which calls out the most common skin-irritating culprits.
- If you’re already dealing with a monster-sized zit, use this tutorial to expertly conceal blemishes both big and small.
- Excessive sun exposure can not only lead to sun damage, it can also cause more zits as well—especially if you have sensitive skin. Try a combination moisturizer and sunscreen specifically geared toward reducing breakouts.
- Unsurprisingly, what you eat affects your skin as much as what you do or don’t put on your face. Here are three sneaky things in your diet that might be messing with your skin.
- Sweat and hair product residue can be transferred from strands to skin and cause breakouts—particularly on your forehead. On extra warm days, keep your hair up and out of your face with an ever-popular princess roll.
Another trick for keeping acne at bay? Staying clam and stress-free. Sit back, relax, and beat the summer blues with this cooling ice tea recipe from Runa cofounder Tyler Gage.
Dermatologist-in-training and all around cool girl blogger Aegean Chan is the savvy mind behind super-skincare blog, Aegmora. Chan educates and enlightens readers with particularly informative posts that tie together her science background and her extensive experience with beauty products. We love that she demystifies everything from familiar active ingredients like Benzoyl Peroxide to the newest trends like coconut oil. This week, Chan teaches us how to fight acne better, keep our skin hydrated, and protect it from the sun.
Many don’t realize that cleansing is a delicate balancing act, and also the foundation of great skin. Your skin is tough enough to withstand blistering heat, pelting sleet, and withering looks from haters, but it’s actually a microcosm of cells and structural elements that require a very specific environment to thrive. Just think of it as layers upon layers of the finest cashmere that form a protective barrier. It wouldn’t make sense to try to restore the beauty and softness of that cashmere with a rinse of pure acid or a few passes with a sand blaster, would it?
We love surfing Heather Walczuk’s blog, Beauty Unbiased, for her smart and on-point makeup reviews, pretty photos and her upbeat insight. The resident New Yorker always has great tips for making the most out of your products, which is why we’re excited that this week she’s sharing tips about her fave summer finds, makeup-artists must-haves, and how to get a gorgeous top knot.
It’s become inevitable lately that when I mention my blog, I’m asked about my favorite beauty products. Of course, then I’ll suddenly blank on the name of my new favorite mascara that I’ve just tweeted about. When social anxiety kicks in, I drop-kick it back to my new acquaintance by asking for their personal favorite beauty picks. See how I did that? Reverse beauty psychology. I steal their favorite beauty ideas and they leave feeling good about having shared their knowledge with me. It’s the main reason I love Birchbox—new beauty finds every month with minimal work on my part! That’s what I call a win-win.
Here are four of my favorite summer beauty discoveries that I’ve borrowed from other people:
1. Benefit’s Benetint: While Benetint has been around forever, I had an aversion to trying stains for a long time. But since I kept hearing friends rave on and on about it, I decided to give it a shot. It leaves a rosy glow that lasts all day but feels so lightweight.