Kate Middleton has a gorgeous head of long, brunette hair that she almost always wears flowing down over her shoulders. It’s a rare occasion when the Duchess of Cambridge decides to pull her hair back for an elegant updo—which is why her recent hairstyle at the BOA Olympic Concert (above) caught our eye. The braided loose bun was such a departure for everyone’s favorite real life princess, it inspired us to search for our other favorite up-looks from the British style icon. Click through to see Kate Middleton’s best updos!
Photo via Kate Middleton FTW
As far as we’re concerned, nothing else is happening today but the Royal Wedding. We’re joking (sort of), but it is fun to look at the amazing Tumblrs that have sprung up in its honor. Here are our five favorites. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
- Kate Middleton FTW and the corresponding Twitter account have had us in stitches throughout the wedding prep. One of our favorite tweets? “OH GOD A PIECE OF THE CEILING JUST FELL ON PRINCESS BEATRICE. Wait, no, nm, that’s just her hat. Phew. #rw2011”
- Speaking of Princess Beatrice’s hat, there’s also a lovely new Tumblr dedicated to that very subject! Today’s Philip Treacy creation was one of her best but it’s not the first time she’s rocked a fabulous one.
- This Fuck Yeah Prince Harry Tumblr isn’t strictly royal wedding-related but it still works. Actually, this Tumblr is pretty relevant to our lives anytime - he is our last chance to marry a British prince after all.
- Royal Wedding Tat is an ode to all the amazing, mainly useless, memorabilia surrounding the wedding. You never know what that William and Kate commemorative pillow will be worth one day!
- The Today Show Tumblr is always one of our favorites but today in particular it is completely dedicated to the wedding and has tons of fun tidbits and quotes. We wish we could be partying with Hoda and Kathie Lee this weekend!
- Runner Up: Prince Charles FTW. Again, not strictly royal wedding-related but still hilarious. And although we couldn’t find a specific Tumblr dedicated to her (yet), the Internet consensus seems to be that Kate’s sister, Pippa Middleton stole the show this morning. Next event, Harry and Pippa’s wedding!
From Kate Middleton’s loosely pulled back strands to Victoria Beckham’s perfect high pony, the hair at the royal wedding spanned a range of styles (and don’t even get us started on the hats—the Brits love extravagant headgear!). We were impressed with several looks, check out our favorites below.
Kate (for good reason) stole the show wearing her hair gracefully swept back—and her diamond Cartier tiara wasn’t half bad either.
Joss Stone’s loose bun was tasteful and elegant, cinched at the nape of her neck and modestly hidden underneath an oversize sun hat.
Prince Harry’s on-and-off girlfriend, Chelsy Davy, was spot-on with a low chignon that was perfectly adorned by a white lace cap.
Consistently classy, Pippa Middleton had a similar look to that of her sister, sporting a half-up ‘do accented with loose curls and a breathtaking cluster of ivy and lily of the valley.
And finally, Posh. Mrs. David Beckham donned a chic-and-sleek ponytail (not one hair out of place!) topped off with a bold, gravity-defying Philip Treacy hat.
Of course, none of these looks could be achieved without a good can of hair spray. Check out the Birchbox Shop to pick up our fave, Blow Out.
Our beyond stylish PR guru, Claire, threw a little royal wedding shindig at her apartment. Check out her adorable cookie treats from Eleni’s.