Rihanna describes her new perfume, Nude, as more “personal,” made with ingredients that remind her of a childhood in the Barbados. (Photo: wwd.com)
Sleep in on Black Friday and order your holiday gifts from our Holiday Shop or Pop-Up Home Shop instead!
Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Are you heading somewhere nice for the weekend or having a mini stay-cation? Either way, enjoy your three days off and we’ll see you next week.
- First Ladies—they’re just like us! Michelle Obama revealed that the one thing she won’t be caught dead wearing is a bathing suit. We’re with you, Mrs. O! [She Finds]
- In crazy nail-art news, there are apparently nail polish pens for DOGS now. As in, you can give your dog a manicure with polka dots or flowers or whatever. Does this mean nail art has finally jumped the shark? Doubt it, but this is just crazy. [Refinery 29]
- Rihanna just debuted a new hairstyle on the Wednesday night finale of American Idol: Dreadlocks! The pop star has apparently wanted to get them since she was 14. [Fashion Etc]
- The J.Crew/Mickey Drexler piece aired last night on CNBC and gave us a glimpse inside the company plus interviews with other J.Crew insiders including Jenna Lyons. NYMag rounded up some of the best clips. [The Cut]
- Hillary Clinton continues to prove how awesome she is. Yesterday, images surfaced of her testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations committee with a popped collar. That’s pretty great by itself but she’s also wearing a coral lip! It’s quite possibly the only thing better than no makeup at all. [The Gloss]
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page for a 15% off promo code on all our summer essentials this weekend!
With everything going on last night (Downton Abbey! Bloglovin’ Awards! Sleep!), you’re forgiven if you opted out of the Grammy’s. Lucky for you, we took copious notes. Herewith, our not-at-all-comprehensive cheat sheet to last night’s awards.
All Hail the Queen: Adele was, hands down, the night’s biggest winner. Not only did the British songwriter and singer go six for six, but she also delivered a powerhouse performance and rocked a cheeky Christian Louboutin mani.
Wish She’d Go Away: Nicki Minaj. Between her Little Red Riding Hood Goes to the Vatican getup and her bizarre exorcism-inspired performance, we’re so over it. Can’t she go back to boom, badoom, boom?
While today’s Twitter feeds may be filled exclusively with football, chips and dip, our Tweeters were up to their old tricks earlier in the week. Here are some of our favorites.
We love anything behind the scenes! We were thrilled when Pat McGrath gave us a sneak peek at Jessica Stam’s look for a new Cover Girl project:
More after the jump!