Co-Founders Hayley and Katia are breathing a sigh of relief thanks to new team member, Executive Assistant Kari. She previously worked as the executive assistant for the Chairman & CEO of Michael Kors—so needless to say, she knows what she’s doing. When the beauty-lover found herself storing her growing products collection in kitchen Tupperware, she knew it was time to make the switch from fashion to beauty. Now she single-handedly manages scheduling, press requests, event planning, photo shoots, and so much more all while looking insanely stylish. We’re so excited to have her aboard—even if it means stepping up our wardrobe game!
Name/Title: Kari Jones, Executive Assistant
Photo by: Michael Jurick for Alison Brod PR
Last week Proactiv hosted a small round table event with their spokeswoman, Julianne Hough, who you probably know from Dancing With the Stars. She’s also Ryan Seacrest’s girlfriend (and no, she didn’t dish, except to say he has his own skincare routine). She’s lovely in person, has an adorable dog (Lexi), and has FLAWLESS skin.
I had a chance to speak with Julianne briefly about her skincare routine. Of course she swears by the Proactiv Three Step System, but she was refreshingly candid about the products she actually uses.
- She got hooked on Proactiv after her sister, an aesthetician, suggested she try it after she started breaking out from all the makeup she has to wear on Dancing With the Stars.
- Her must-have Proactiv product? The refining mask for overnight spot treatments.
- For flawless skin she swears by Armani Foundation and is strict about her exercise routine: putting good stuff in, and sweating out the bad.
- For winter, Hough uses Proactiv’s Green Tea Moisturizer, and makes sure to hydrate. ALL THE TIME. (I’ve personally found Proactiv a bit too drying for my skin but a great moisturizer is key in any skincare routine.)
- To remove all that makeup, she loves the Proactiv Makeup Removing Cloths — which are great in the morning or at night.
P.S. For the fashionphiles, Julianne’s dress is by David Meister, and shoes by Salvatore Ferragamo.
Skin in need of a little love? Check out the amazing skincare brands Birchbox editors swear by in the Birchbox shop.