One of our favorite beauty icons celebrates her birthday today and we’re celebrating with lots of black liner and a messy updo. (Photo: dailymail.co.uk)
- Beauty High has condensed our favorite fall trends into one place, with tips for achieving each one. Now we just need to figure out whether to try graphic liner or a sleek pony first. [Beauty High]
- You probably remember the Facebook’s virtual “gifts,” but chances are you haven’t missed them since they went away in 2010. Now Facebook has announced their first foray into e-commerce: Gifts, a full-service shop hosted within the site. Yes, you can shop on mobile too. Sounds like all those birthday notifications will pay off. [All Things D]
- Zara announced this week they’re opening an ecommerce shop for housewares. The brand already has home stores in 32 countries but this will be the first time the products will be available to US customers. Our wallets have been warned. [NYTimes]
- Turns out guys are just as concerned with under eye puffiness. Sales on men’s eye creams grew by 33 percent (up to $5.4 million) in 2011. [NYTimes]
- The ultimate symbol of French hotness, Brigitte Bardot, turned 78 today. Is it just us or has there been a resurgence in her beauty influence lately? We’ll certainly be wearing cat-eye liner this weekend in her honor. [The Cut]
Karlie Kloss airbrushed to appear healthier (left) and the original un-retouched image (right). (Photo: blisstree.com)
Still confused about CC creams? Check out our in-depth investigation with the skincare pros to learn more.
The weekend is soooooo close we can just taste it! The office is quickly emptying out but before we can run off to our three-day weekend we’ve got to share our reading list!
- Well, here’s one we can check off our list: we finally found out what would happen if you applied 365 layers of makeup to someone’s face! That’s exactly what artist duo Lernert and Sander did for Nowness.com. It took nine hours, seven bottles of foundation, two bottles of eye cream, three lip pens, and two bottles of blush – all by Ellis Faas — to complete the look. Watch the enthralling video over at Fashionista.
- As you know, we’re huge nail polish and nail art fans—the crazier the better, we always say! So we were excited to see a debate on NY Times yesterday called “Why Did Wild Nail Polish Go Mainstream?” We may be out of touch over here in our beauty closet but we were slightly shocked by some of the comments that called nail polish tacky and stated that women who are serious about their careers would never stray from the basic colors. We have to wholeheartedly disagree on both accounts!
- If there was any doubt that heels would continue to get even more extreme, Christian Louboutin has put that to rest with his newest pair. Fortunately, the extreme eight inch heels, which mimic ballet shoes, are for charity. Get the details and find out where you can bid for them at Grazia.
- Bare Escentuals is launching a line of pressed eye shadows (they’re calling them solid eye shadows) this fall to complement the rest of their mineral makeup collection. Shades will range from neutrals to bolder tones and duos will retail around $20. Details are on WWD, but the collection will launch on QVC on September 29th.
- And finally, in fancy wedding news: Kate Moss got married today! Of course the dress is the question of the hour and interestingly enough, she wore a piece by her long time friend, John Galliano. No word yet from WWD on any backlash for choosing the troubled designer. Other outfits for the weekend were designed by Stella McCartney.
Enjoy the long weekend and we’ll see you back here on Tuesday!