Tasha ‘Timeless Chunky Chain’ Head Wrap, $38, nordstrom.com; Deep Gurnani Crystal Headband, $49, mytheresa.com; Faceted Beads Headband, $3.80, forever21.com
I’ve always loved Emily Schuman’s adorable blog Cupcakes and Cashmere. And while getting my daily dose recently, I saw this great post about jeweled headbands. “Since jewelry felt too constricting, I wore it in my hair,” she writes. Totally inspired, I decided to do a little more research on jeweled headbands and found some seriously cute options.
I really like this look because it’s totally acceptable for day, but also perfect for a night out. (Although personally, I don’t think I’d wear it across my forehead, but rather atop my head in the more traditional fashion.) Since I am determined to incorporate this style into my wardrobe, I already know that my plans this weekend will entail shopping for sparkly hair accessories.
For more great ways to glam up your look, check out our Birchbox Shop.
It was a great week here at Birchbox. For starters, we had a beyond stellar response to our special Valentine’s Day promotion. We also wrapped up our Fashion Week coverage and even scored interviews with heavy-hitters like Bobbi Brown and Ouidad. And lastly, the editorial team spent the entire day yesterday filming fabby new videos for March. Whew. We are definitely looking forward to the long weekend. Yay for Washington’s Birthday! A few links to get you going:
- The cool kids at The Hair Pin tapped illustrator Lisa Hanawalt for their Fashion Week-approps series of illustrations about everyone’s favorite editrix: Anna Wintour. (Our favorite? “Anna Wintour does not have bowel movements. But she does lay stunning eggs.”)
- New York Magazine talked male model Miles Garber into taking a FlipCam around town to capture his wild, and rather spastic, Fashion Week adventures.
- Are caviar manis the next big thing? If Refinery 29 says so, it must be true. We’re ready to give this technique a spin - all we need is a trip to the bead shop.
- We love a good beauty transformation so naturally we’re intrigued by StyleCaster's roundup of “model-morphoses.”
- Please say it ain’t so: StyleList reports that SJP wants to do an a third SATC movie. Wasn’t the second one bad enough?
- We did our own share of running around, but we’ll bow down to the girls in Allure's beauty closet - they have a roundup of the most outrageous moments of Fashion Week 2011, including glitter eyebrows and a prominent black eye.
- Most likely in an effort to give Gilt Group a real run for its money, Nordstrom has acquired private sale site HauteLook and, according to New York Magazine, it didn’t come cheaply.
- Bravo to Fashionista for putting together a comprehensive look at the best beauty looks to hit the runways during NYFW. Up next? Milan and Paris!
The check out all the backstage action that our Birchbox staffers saw this NYFW, click here.