We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
1. Birchbox x Youtube: Do you subscribe to Birchbox on Youtube? (You should!) Our Youtube channel is packed with videos sharing advice on a variety of things, from how to apply liquid eyeliner to how to pack the perfect travel case, and more. Come take a look!
2. Movember Inspiration: Douglas Friedman—respected photographer, daring traveler, and the charismatic face behind a serious ‘stache—kickstarts Movember in this charming video interview.
3. Beauty Buzz: UK Edition: Our team across the pond quizzed their beauty editors on what makes them tick, from their go-to treatments to the “non-beauty” treats they’re looking forward to this fall.
4. Brow Tips from #AskBenefit: This week the brow experts at Benefit schooled us on how to handle everything from bleaching to over-plucking. Here, we share our top five most useful tips.
5. An Unsettling Photoshop Transformation: We couldn’t help but weigh in on the controversial Photoshop GIFs that made the rounds on the ‘net this week.
Discover a treasure trove of brow tips and grooming tools in the Birchbox Brows that W-O-W Shop.
Every so often, we get the chance to steal a peek at the beauty rituals of one of our lady crushes. Lucky for us, fashionista and newly minted perfumer Nicole Richie not only let us have an insider look at her vanity, she also gave us the deets on her daily beauty regimen. We’re loving her simple, straightforward routine.
Nicole’s vanity: Can you say organized? We’re stealing her idea and using an acrylic desk organizer on top of our vanities instead of hiding them inside drawers.
Step 1. I bathe with oils and layer scents (perfume and oils on top of lotion) to create my own unique fragrance.
We’re guilty of sticking with the same hair cut for years — if it’s not broke, why fix it? — but that can be a little boring. But not everyone has our issue. Paulina, one of our amazing operations associates, is always eyeing new cuts and styles. She’ll be sharing her tress inspiration and tips every other week.
(Photo: Hulton Archive/Getty Images)
We’re absolutely fans of bangs here in the Birchbox office. But if there’s anything more trying than growing out a pixie cut, it’s growing out your fringe. So let’s say you’re trying to go for a more bangs-less look in these next few months—it shouldn’t mean you have to lose your knock-out hairstyle too! Here are three painless tips and tricks to help you grow out your fringe without having to compromise:
Get excited! We know we are.
See you today at 3pm.
We’re guilty of sticking with the same hair cut for years—if it’s not broke, why fix it?—but that can be a little boring. But not everyone has our issue. Paulina, one of our amazing operations associates, is always eyeing new cuts and styles. She’ll be sharing her tress inspiration and tips every other week here via her feature Hairistocracy.
I’m always taking cues from our friends over at Glamour’s beauty department, and they’re latest round-up of Nicole Richie’s beach-swept hair has me swooning. From voluminous and curly to pulled-back and retro, I love the ease and femininity of these looks. To pull off tousled waves, I’ve found that it’s best to stock up on bobby pins and styling cream like Oscar Blandi’s Pronto Glossing Cream, and to implement one of these two techniques:
We’re headed off to our first Birchbox summer BBQ, and while we throw back a few cold ones and conga line around a grill (really!) here are a few tidbits of beauty news. From Blake Lively’s new Gucci deal to Keira Knightley’s new trailer in Anna Karenina, here’s everything you need to know from this week.
Director of ‘Drive’ Nicholas Winding Refin and Blake Lively on set at the Gucci fragrance shoot. Photo: Grazia
- Blake Lively is the official Gucci Premiere Woman, heading the new fragrance’s ad campaign. [The Cut]
- Agyness Deyn: the model-turned-actress so effortlessly cool, no one realized she was turning 30 (or that she got hitched!) [Fashionista]
- Keira Knightley-as-period-heroine strikes again in Anna Karenina, out later this year. Watch the romantic wintry trailer here. [BuzzSugar]
- Jennifer Aniston may be the next face of an all-natural skincare line from Aveeno—for an eight-figure salary. [Huff Post]
- "Nicole" by Nicole Richie is the latest celebrity scent with notes of amber, cashmere woods and vanilla. [WWD]
Read more of our weekly link love in our other Reading List posts.