We’re headed off to our first Birchbox summer BBQ, and while we throw back a few cold ones and conga line around a grill (really!) here are a few tidbits of beauty news. From Blake Lively’s new Gucci deal to Keira Knightley’s new trailer in Anna Karenina, here’s everything you need to know from this week.
Director of ‘Drive’ Nicholas Winding Refin and Blake Lively on set at the Gucci fragrance shoot. Photo: Grazia
- Blake Lively is the official Gucci Premiere Woman, heading the new fragrance’s ad campaign. [The Cut]
- Agyness Deyn: the model-turned-actress so effortlessly cool, no one realized she was turning 30 (or that she got hitched!) [Fashionista]
- Keira Knightley-as-period-heroine strikes again in Anna Karenina, out later this year. Watch the romantic wintry trailer here. [BuzzSugar]
- Jennifer Aniston may be the next face of an all-natural skincare line from Aveeno—for an eight-figure salary. [Huff Post]
- "Nicole" by Nicole Richie is the latest celebrity scent with notes of amber, cashmere woods and vanilla. [WWD]
Read more of our weekly link love in our other Reading List posts.
Nicole Richie revealed a new hot pink dye job on her blog yesterday, proving the dip dye trend is still going strong. Photo: NicoleRichie.com
We’ve mentioned Nicole Richie’s makeup and hair on this blog in the past (she only owns three makeup products and has a secret passion for hairstyling), but we’ve never seen her like this. Yesterday, Richie released a picture (above) on her blog that shows off a new hot pink hue. The House of Harlow designer is just the latest in a string of celebrities to dye their hair pink this year, including January Jones and Brooklyn Decker. Click through to see another picture of Richie’s new hair:
Despite the dubious weather in NYC this week, spring is officially here—and with it our vacation ambitions. Check out the amazing shot of Nicole Richie in Glamour below. Doesn’t that just make you want to head to the beach? Whether you’re actually somewhere sandy or just dreaming of it this weekend, brush up on our favorite news below.
- Dior just launched two limited edition polishes and they’re perfect for a little beach getaway. The only question now is which one to wear this weekend! [She Finds]
- You already know Katy Perry is extra-adventurous when it comes to her beauty looks, and that she never met a nail art design she didn’t like. We’re loving the 3D nail art design she tweeted the other day, despite how impractical it is. [Glamour.com]
- Earlier this week we shared the story of the teen from Maine petitioning Seventeen to include just one non-photoshopped feature a month. We learned yesterday that Seventeen declined to accept her challenge. Come on, guys! [Jezebel]
- Miley Cyrus debuted a new ombre hair color the other day, plus pictures of her getting her hair done with her puppy. Aside from the adorable dog, we’re not sure how we feel about the hair. [Huffington Post]
- In the June issue of Glamour, Nicole Richie revealed that if she wasn’t running her own fashion empire, she’d want to be a hairstylist. We can’t deny the girl’s hair always looks fierce, but we might be taken aback if we found her giving us a blowout. [Fashion etc]
Trying to catch up on all the news from the last month? Check out these other reading lists.
Although you might not believe it given her glam appearance and thick eyeliner on the red carpet, Nicole Richie told InStyle.com at a recent event that she only owns three makeup products. What are they? Under eye concealer, Maybelline mascara, and an eyelash curler. She told the magazine, “ I have to get it done every time I want to wear makeup. I do not know how to wear it at all. It’s so bad.”
NYC cool kid Charlotte Ronson is taking the chic downtown ideas behind her mega popular clothing brand to the next level. She’s applying her line’s effortless style to beauty with a cosmetics collection set to launch exclusively at Sephora on September 15. The line has six products — all named after and inspired by Ronson’s close friends and family. The nude lip gloss is Samantha, named after Ronson’s DJ sister; the shimmery eyeshadow is called Nicole, a tribute to BFF Nicole Richie; and other products include a beachy salt spray, a finishing powder, a liquid bronzer, and a blush trio. If these products are anything like her clothing, I’m predicting some serious success.
Check out other cool products in our Birchbox Shop.