15 posts tagged mindy kaling
TODAY IS THE DAY!!! We’re hosting a LIVE Twitter chat with THE Mindy Kaling (can you tell we’re excited?) TODAY, 8/22, at 12:30p.m. ET. We’ll be talking with Mindy about her hilarious memoir—our August Birchbox Book Club pick—Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? Make sure you’re following us on Twitter and tweeting questions with #BirchboxLovesMindy!
Chat with you soon!
(P.S. We’re hosting a live Twitter chat this Friday, 8/22 with THE Mindy Kaling! Stay tuned to our Twitter feed for timing!)
GET PSYCHED!! Our favorite comedienne is behind August’s Birchbox Book Club Pick. Get in on this.
A shout-out to the famous ladies who exude confidence on (and off) the red carpet. Call us!
5 Page-Turning Beach Reads: Intern Diaries
You might recall the Birchbox Intern Diaries with former editorial intern Charisse. Now our summer interns Julia, Katrina, and Geraldine are heroically taking over the series (though without a camera). For the next month, every Thursday they’ll be sharing their discoveries from around the Birchbox office. Today, they’re taking a peek inside our staffers’ beach bags.
Summer is the perfect time to catch up on the reading you’ve been meaning to get to, so we asked the Birchbox staffers to tell us which books they’re bringing along for some seaside lounging. They’re quite the bookworms and love everything from comedy to science fiction. If you need some great recommendations, here’s what they’re currently reading:
1. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
“It’s like reading Tina Fey’s little sister’s book. It made me laugh out loud on the subway and I probably scared a few people.” —Sandra C., Marketing
2. An Invisible Thread: The True Story of an 11-Year Old Panhandler, a Busy Sales Executive, and an Unlikely Meeting with Destiny by Laura Schroff & Alex Tresniowski
“Even though it’s about a really heavy topic, it’s a light, seamless read that’s really inspiring. Super engaging and it makes you see the silver lining in everything.” —Elizabeth P., Finance
3. Sleepwalk with Me: And Other Painfully True Stories by Mike Birbiglia
“My boyfriend checked it out of the library but then I stole it. I like reading books by comedians, but I normally read female ones so this was new for me—he’s a really funny guy.” —Whitney T., Operations
4. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
“It’s a classic. I’d never read it before and it was on my sister’s kindle so I decided to start. I like it because it’s an easy read and still relevant.” - Kelsey S., Creative
5. Alif The Unseen by G. Willow Wilson
“This book is so weird—it’s all about this hacker in the Middle East but then there’s this whole ‘Game of Thrones’ sci-fi part to it. Now that I think about it, it’s not really a beach read…” —Danielle P., People & Culture
Which books have you been saving for lazy summer days?
—Geraldine, Julia, and Katrina
Just now discovering the Intern Diaries series? Check out the past posts here.
How To Get Ombré Eyes, Spring Makeup Palettes, and More
- We can’t wait for spring to officially start—click through for the best new makeup palettes of the season. [BellaSugar]
- As if we needed another reason to love Mindy Kaling, the actress and author of Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me just announced that she’s penning a new book. [Glamour]
- Makeup artist Vivian Baker explains how to get the makeup looks from Oz The Great and Powerful. Plus, see all the beauty products that were created in collaboration with the film. [Glo]
- Watch this video tutorial to learn how to get the messy pony that Blake Lively wore to The Croods premiere in NYC. [InStyle]
- Make your own Shamrock Shake at home this weekend just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. [Cupcakes and Cashmere]
(Photo: Stylecaster Pictures)