Michelle Obama’s pretty polish grabbed the attention of style pundits. (Photo: village.com)
Happy first day of NYFW Spring 2013! Don’t miss any of our up-to-the-minute coverage.
From MO’s new ‘Great Memories’ pinboard—the first family’s 2011 portrait. Just one more reason to love her! (Photo: pinterest.com)
Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Are you heading somewhere nice for the weekend or having a mini stay-cation? Either way, enjoy your three days off and we’ll see you next week.
- First Ladies—they’re just like us! Michelle Obama revealed that the one thing she won’t be caught dead wearing is a bathing suit. We’re with you, Mrs. O! [She Finds]
- In crazy nail-art news, there are apparently nail polish pens for DOGS now. As in, you can give your dog a manicure with polka dots or flowers or whatever. Does this mean nail art has finally jumped the shark? Doubt it, but this is just crazy. [Refinery 29]
- Rihanna just debuted a new hairstyle on the Wednesday night finale of American Idol: Dreadlocks! The pop star has apparently wanted to get them since she was 14. [Fashion Etc]
- The J.Crew/Mickey Drexler piece aired last night on CNBC and gave us a glimpse inside the company plus interviews with other J.Crew insiders including Jenna Lyons. NYMag rounded up some of the best clips. [The Cut]
- Hillary Clinton continues to prove how awesome she is. Yesterday, images surfaced of her testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations committee with a popped collar. That’s pretty great by itself but she’s also wearing a coral lip! It’s quite possibly the only thing better than no makeup at all. [The Gloss]
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page for a 15% off promo code on all our summer essentials this weekend!
TheGloss is one daily must-reads (right up there with the NY Times). We love the site’s witty approach to style and its smart and irreverent voice. We like the writing so much, in fact, that we’ll be featuring one of their posts each week here on the Birchbox blog.
Michelle Obama turns 48 today, so first off, happy birthday! On account of the First Lady having such a bold, unique and refreshing sense of style, we went to the trouble of selecting her 10 best looks. This was a challenge! Let us know what we forgot. In looks from Alexander McQueen, Jason Wu, Thakoon, Rodarte, Lanvin and more.
Read the rest of the article here.
Some other links from TheGloss you might like:
Gallery: The Top 25 Best Red Carpet Looks Of 2011
Gallery: Vanity Fair Looks Back On Its Best Nude Portraits
Red Carpet Rundown: Charlene Wittstock’s Best Armani Looks