A little bit of blush can go a long way, but it can go even farther when you know how to apply it to your exact face shape.
Reading List: Metallic Makeup Tutorial, Behind the Heart-melting Superbowl Puppy Commercial, and More
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything in the Birchbox Magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top posts that we don’t want you to miss.
1. Gunmetal Eye Makeup Tutorial: Birchbox staffer Alina shows us how to create this metallic eye look using Coastal Scents’ new Revealed Palette.
2. Superbowl + Loveable Puppies: Thomas on the Birchbox Man team chatted with the creator behind the heart-melting Budweiser Superbowl ad starring one adorable pup. Read to get some insider info.
3. 5 Beauty “Don’ts” You Should Actually Try: We love the renegades in our U.K. office who dare you to break some well-known beauty rules. Truth be told, we’ve been known to be a little rebellious ourselves (read: unwashed hair).
4. My So-Called Flaws: We l-o-v-e this honest and personal essay from Birchbox editor Ally, who opened up about her struggle to make peace with an eight-inch scar left after an unfortunate boating accident.
Want to test out the Coastal Scents Palette? Come on over to our Shop to snag it!
1 Highlighter, 10 Ways to Use It
Like the bright yellow highlighter of your school days, Chella’s user-friendly highlighter pencil accentuates what’s important (and luckily, it’s neither yellow nor a neon marker). From defining your arches to brightening under your eyes, here are 10 ways to use this hardworking pencil.
Need a new holiday makeup look? Watch our how-to and look party-ready in 10 minutes or less—promise!
How To Take Your Makeup From Day to Night With Cynthia Rowley Beauty
We’re pretty darn thrilled that mega fashion designer Cynthia Rowley has expanded her stylish empire to include a line of beauty products—and we’re even more excited that Cynthia Rowley Beauty is sold exclusively in the Birchbox Shop. For a limited-time, you can score the trendsetter’s Exclusive Launch Collection for $42—a $57 value! The set includes the Gilded Canvas Bag, the Liquid Liner in Black Ink, and the Eye Shadow Palette - No.1.
To give you a better sense of just how magical these new launches are, we tapped celeb makeup artist Daniel Martin (who works with stars like Dianna Agron and our wanna-be BFF Jennifer Lawrence) to use them in a day to night video tutorial. Watch as he transitions our staffer Deepica’s beauty look using the palette and the liner—these products aren’t just beautiful, they really perform!
Shop the Cynthia Rowley Beauty Exclusive Launch Collection and get the eyeshadow palette, liquid liner, and makeup bag for a special price of $42 while supplies last.
Fall is the perfect time to break out of a beauty rut. The seasons are changing and so should your style. We know it’s easy to get stuck wearing the same ponytail and eyeshadow everyday but trying new styles can be very rewarding. Here are four ways to shake up your makeup and hair routines without going overboard:
1. How To: Contour Your Face
Don’t let contouring intimidate you. Birchbox staffer Deepica proves it really is simple to execute. This tutorial will help define your face and make your cheekbones pop while still looking natural.
2. How To: Fill in Your Eyebrows with Benefit Brow Zings
We’re firm believers that filling in your brows should be added to any makeup routine. It adds instant polish to your face, can make you look more awake, and helps frame your eyes.