Women in tech love Christian Louboutin just as much as Steve Jobs these days. (Photo: nytimes.com)
Looking for more brilliant and fashionable tech-minded ladies? Meet our co-founders, Hayley and Katia!
The weekend is soooooo close we can just taste it! The office is quickly emptying out but before we can run off to our three-day weekend we’ve got to share our reading list!
- Well, here’s one we can check off our list: we finally found out what would happen if you applied 365 layers of makeup to someone’s face! That’s exactly what artist duo Lernert and Sander did for Nowness.com. It took nine hours, seven bottles of foundation, two bottles of eye cream, three lip pens, and two bottles of blush – all by Ellis Faas — to complete the look. Watch the enthralling video over at Fashionista.
- As you know, we’re huge nail polish and nail art fans—the crazier the better, we always say! So we were excited to see a debate on NY Times yesterday called “Why Did Wild Nail Polish Go Mainstream?” We may be out of touch over here in our beauty closet but we were slightly shocked by some of the comments that called nail polish tacky and stated that women who are serious about their careers would never stray from the basic colors. We have to wholeheartedly disagree on both accounts!
- If there was any doubt that heels would continue to get even more extreme, Christian Louboutin has put that to rest with his newest pair. Fortunately, the extreme eight inch heels, which mimic ballet shoes, are for charity. Get the details and find out where you can bid for them at Grazia.
- Bare Escentuals is launching a line of pressed eye shadows (they’re calling them solid eye shadows) this fall to complement the rest of their mineral makeup collection. Shades will range from neutrals to bolder tones and duos will retail around $20. Details are on WWD, but the collection will launch on QVC on September 29th.
- And finally, in fancy wedding news: Kate Moss got married today! Of course the dress is the question of the hour and interestingly enough, she wore a piece by her long time friend, John Galliano. No word yet from WWD on any backlash for choosing the troubled designer. Other outfits for the weekend were designed by Stella McCartney.
Enjoy the long weekend and we’ll see you back here on Tuesday!