2 posts tagged link love
This week, we’re in a mood to try new things: adventurous eye ornamentation, ’40s style hair, and nail art galore. We’ve also got big pieces of news from two style icons — one of which signals the end of an era and another that hopefully marks the start of a new one. Happy Last Day of September!
- Can’t get enough of fashion week manicures? This slide show has 60 photos of manicures from shows all over New York, London, and Milan. Click through for some inspiration. [Bella Sugar]
- Whether you’re getting ready for Halloween or feeling especially retro, the 1940s are all the rage. Try out a cute hairstyle called the Victory Roll with this tutorial. [The Glitter Guide]
- Izaac Mizrahi has had quite a few highlights throughout his long career, from Unzipped, the documentary about his fall 1994 runway collection, to his hugely successful diffusion line for Target. But this morning when WWD announced that Mizrahi had sold his business to Xcel Brands for $31.5 million, we felt a bit sad. He’s making a bundle, but his high-end line will likely be phased out very soon. [Fashionista]
- Do you like experimenting with crazy beauty trends but are concerned that people might look at you strangely? This writer tried wearing gold leaf as eyeshadow and documented her experience, which includes a trip to the mall. (She survived — and you will too!) [xojane]
- We can hardly wait for next week — no, not because it’s October — because one of our favorite style icons, Olivia Palermo, is launching a website, OliviaPalermo.com! Apparently, it will be a mix of Lauren Conrad’s TheBeautyDepartment and Gwyneth Paltrow’s GOOP, so we’re envisioning something amazing. [People Style Watch]
For more inspiring nail products, visit the Birchbox Shop.