Making nail art even easier, Essie introduces a new line of six magnetic polishes. (Photo: fashionista.com)
Missed a few names while holiday gift shopping during Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Here’s the gift that will work for absolutely anyone on your list!
From the midweek holiday to the Paris runway, it’s been a tumultuous seven days. At last the weekend’s here to give us time to digest. To help you reflect on the week, too, here are the top 25 most beautiful couture looks, the verdict on pore shrinkability, and, of course, even more on a perennial Birchbox favorite—nail art.
From left to right: Looks from the Elie Saab, Dior, Giambattista Vali, and Zuhair Murad couture shows. (Photos: fashionista.com)
- The Fall 2012 Paris Couture Shows are coming to a close, and audiences were as wowed as ever. Our favorite runway moment? Raf Simons’ victorious debut at Dior. Could you get any more polished or glam? [Fashionista]
- After going blonde, then brunette, then Elizabeth Taylor black, Lindsay Lohan is ginger once more. We’re always in favor of sticking to your roots. What do you think of LiLo’s latest transformation? [StyleNews]
- Something to go with your flapper dress and sleek straight bob: British brand Boots No. 7 is releasing a Great Gatsby makeup line. [Racked]
- We’ve heard this one before, but is it true? Stylelist digs deep into the myth: Can you really shrink pore size? [Stylelist]
- Nail art never gets old in this office. What to throw in your beauty bag now? These artsy and leak-proof nail pens. [She Finds]
Speak of the devil: click through to read up on our best nail art ideas.
The first shot of LiLo channeling Elizabeth Taylor for the Lifetime biopic “Liz and Dick.” (Photo: mtv.com)
In search of the perfect brush cleaner? Find more great tips here.
Check out that pout! We don’t often recommend taking beauty tips from Lilo, but her blood-red lips were to-die-for in a series of photos featured at Tyler Shields’ art show, Life Is Not a Fairy Tale, in L.A. on Friday night. Though Lindsay uses the red in these shots to channel her inner night-prowling vamp, this classic lip color is one of our favorites for daytime.
To get this look, we recommend YSL Rouge Pur Couture SPF15, $30, or for an even deeper red, try Lipstick Queen’s Sinner’s Opaque Lipstick in Rouge, $18. If you aren’t quite ready to commit to all that color, but still want Lilo’s fullness, try a tinted lip enhancer from Jouer’s Mini Tinted Lip Enhancers Kit, $25. Fangs optional.
To match those ruby red lips, try Deborah Lippmann’s My Old Flame polish—the quintessential tomato hue.