JolieBox co-founder Mathilde Lacombe. Yes, we have a ginormous girl crush on her.
Last week, we spilled the beans about our international expansion and our acquisition of JolieBox. Today, we’re introducing you to Mathilde Lacombe, the company’s co-founder and editorial director. Mathilde began as a beauty blogger and Elle reporter before starting JolieBox with four friends. She says, “I’m a complete beauty addict! I love discovering new brands and trends and learning other girls’ beauty habits.” Hmm…we think Mathilde and her crew will fit in perfectly at the Birchbox offices. The 24-year-old editor now oversees JolieBox’s editorial and marketing teams in the UK, France, and Spain—and recently got married! We’ll be adding periodic dispatches from Mathilde and her editors soon—for now, here’s a little bit about her!
In honor of back to school season, we thought it would be fun to share some insights from a few of our favorite savvy students—the girls over at Dormify. This week, they’ve tapped into their legion of style advisors to give us tips on long-lasting makeup, the best way to organize your products, and how to look bright-eyed after a long night.
While it may not happen often, every once in a while, we all end up feeling like a trainwreck the morning after a birthday party, terrible date, wedding, or just a Saturday night. Since it’s not always possible to hibernate that next day, we’ve scoured for some tips to help you look better than you may feel.
- No matter what, always wash your face after a night out. At the very least, use a makeup remover wipe and we suggest leaving them right next to bed so that there are no excuses.
- If you don’t get that important step done, remove all your makeup first thing in the morning, and try Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Waterfor a quick miracle boost.
- A good moisturizer the next day, like Theraplex, is also a key to making your skin look and feel rejuvenated.
- To get rid of the inevitable under-eye bags, we suggest Garnier Nurtitioniste’s Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller.
- After applying eye cream, use a concealer like Bobbi Brown’s Creamy Concealer, underneath your eyes and then strategically use a brightener like Benefit’s Eye Bright Pencil. Restore that healthy glow to your complexion with a highlighter like Benefit High Beam. Apply to the tops of your cheek bones, brow bones, and the bridge your nose.
For more quick fixers, check out our Shop.
It’s finally here! This Friday, The Hunger Games a.k.a worlds-greatest-movie-ever is hitting theaters. In honor of our favorite YA-lit trilogy, and the release of the much-anticipated first film, we present you with a week of Panem-inspired posts. Today: find out how to get Katniss’ laid back beauty look.
Photo: Ace Showbiz
If only we could all be as minimalist as Katniss. In Hunger Games, our favorite heroine spends weeks sleeping in trees and still manages to look fierce while kicking butt. While we can’t be nearly as rugged in everyday life, we can take a page out of her low-maintenance book. Here are our top tips for paring down:
Lately, our entire office has been buzzing about One Love Organics® Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm—an incredible multi-purpose salve included in this month’s Birchbox. When we found out the product could be mixed with mineral powder foundation to create creamy customized colors, we got even more excited!
As product-addicted, exploration enthusiasts we had to put this unique formula to the test. Using some spare makeup lying around the office (and as you can imagine, there are quite a few “spares” on each Birchbox employee’s desk) we started experimenting.