Kelly Osbourne sports her wildly expensive nails. (Photo: The Cut)
Who needs a diamond ring when you can get a…manicure? We told you about jewelry designer Azature’s $250,000 Black Diamond polish before—and now it turns out that Kelly Osbourne actually got a manicure with the insanely expensive lacquer. There’s only one bottle of the polish in the whole world, which contains 267 carats of crushed black diamond powder, and Osbourne tweeted that she felt “excited and honored” to wear it. All we can say is that we hope she doesn’t have a habit of biting her nails.
Though we think the value of Osbourne’s manicure was pretty ridiculous, we do have to say that now we’re totally intrigued by gem dust polishes. Luckily there are a few affordable sparkly lacquer options out there that aren’t just reserved for red carpet appearances. Check out three choices after the jump!
1) The Side Part: This was one of the biggest trends we saw on the red carpet last night. An easy way to instantly looked more polished, the side part looked amazing on January Jones, who rocked a sleek updo, and on Amy Poehler and Lucy Liu, who both chose to style their hair in off-to-the-side waves.
It’s Friday, Friday. Gotta get down on Friday. Okay, do you have Rebecca Black’s crazy catchy song stuck in your head? Good. Now you’re ready for the weekend. Before you jet off to all your fun plans, read a few of our favorite stories this week.
- Today, MAC announced their latest limited edition collection and it’s a doozy—they’ll be partnering with Carine Roitfeld. The French editrix’s collection will focus on a smoky eye, bold brows, and nude lips. Also coming up for MAC: a nautical-themed ‘Hey, Sailor!’ nail polish collection. [WWD, SheFinds]
- Kelly Osbourne changed her hair once again, this time to a more vibrant purple shade than we’ve seen on her before. Do you like? [People Style Watch]
- America’s Next Top Model and Tyra Banks shocked the blogosphere today when it was revealed that three of the longest standing members of the cast will not be returning for the next season. Instead, they are rumored to be bringing on bloggers as judges. [Fashionista]
- Finally, in news that isn’t really news: Mila Kunis was spotted leaving a gym without makeup. Totally normal but she still looks lovely, which is nice. Stars, they’re just like us! [Stylelist]
Put this on your weekend to-do list: Join Birchbox in time to get a Gossip Girl box in May! If you’re already a member, don’t worry— you’re all set. Go have a bagel instead.
On a recent episode of CBS’s The Talk, Kelly Osbourne discussed her buzz-worthy gray ‘do with the hosts, telling them she had always wanted to rock gray in her youth as a statement look. Surprisingly, though, she also told the ladies of the show that she felt she only had a few years left to try fun, out-there looks with her hair. What age did she think was the cut-off? Shockingly for us, she said 30.
We’re guilty of sticking with the same hair cut for years — if it’s not broke, why fix it? — but that can be a little boring. But not everyone has our issue. Paulina, one of our amazing operations associates, is always eyeing new cuts and styles. She’ll be sharing her tress inspiration and tips every other week here via her feature Hairistocracy.
It’s been two months since my little dye-job, and now I’m coming to terms with something that’s tough to talk about, but has everything to do with coloring. I’m graying.
Slowly but surely, I’m getting a little silver and I owe it all to genetics. Now that my recent dye is starting to fade, I’ve been debating a tough decision: do I continue to cover the grays or should I experiment with a little salt and pepper?