Reading List: Get Party Ready in Just 10 Minutes, Life Lessons from Vince Vaughn (Seriously), 5 Get-Happy Tips, and More
1. Holiday Beauty How To: We’re over the moon to announce a series of holiday makeup tutorials with InStyle. First up, InStyle’s Beauty Director Kahlana Barfield teaches Mollie how to get holiday party ready in just 10 minutes.
2. Vince Vaughn’s Life Lessons: Who knew this funny guy had a soft spot? Fresh off the premiere of his new film, Delivery Man, Vince Vaughn opens up to Birchbox Man about being yourself, the importance of change, and the role of friendship.
3. 5 Ways to Be Happy Now: Beat your seasonal blues with these surefire tips to make you smile. Spoiler alert: Doing good for others is one of the best ways to turn your frown upside down.
4. Queen Karlie: Our UK team goes all fangirl on their #1 style inspiration, the angelic Karlie Kloss. Find out why they love her and (bonus!) how to get her signature look.
5. Flipboard x Birchbox: Birchbox’s new partnership with Flipboard makes it easy to shop via your tablet or phone. Even better? Act like a Birchbox editor and curate your own shareable wishlists with friends and family!
Good news: purchase a Birchbox subscription by November 17 and you’ll score our amazing November Birchbox. Packed with topnotch samples from can’t-miss brands, it has everything you need stay gorgeous all month long.
Even models like Karlie Kloss are routinely photoshopped for magazine spreads. (Photo: MagXOne)
How skinny is too skinny? If you’re a model, casting agent, or magazine publisher working in Israel, that question has just been answered for you. Israel has enacted a new law—effective as of January 1—forbidding models with a body-mass index (BMI) below 18.5 from appearing in ads and editorial spreads.
As the Wall Street Journal reports, the law also requires publications to tell readers when they’ve altered images of models to make them look skinnier. The measures are designed to put healthier-looking models in the spotlight, but it should be noted that they only apply to images produced in Israel, not those imported from other countries.
We’re guilty of sticking with the same hair cut for years—if it’s not broke, why fix it? But not everyone has our issue. Paulina, one of our amazing operations associates, is always eyeing new cuts and styles. She’ll be sharing her tress inspiration and tips every other week.
With January 1st right around the corner, many of us will undoubtedly be contemplating a hair re-do. (What better way to stride into a new year and season?) Whether you’re ready to chop off major inches or thinking about something more subtle, we have some inspiration for you. Behold, our forecast for 2013’s top three trends. From the looks of things, this year is all about embracing natural texture and bringing back graceful, feminine cuts.
Let’s bring back thick, playful fringes that showcase the face. It might mean a little upkeep but it’s a fresh change for spring. We love this style because it can be pulled off with longer lengths; as well as shoulder-length bobs.
The SNL veterans are co-hosting the Golden Globe Awards in Los Angeles this coming January 13th! (Photo: rollingstone.com)
We were ecstatic to learn that Erin Wasson shares some of our own personal favorites! Do like the supermodel and use RMS “Un” Cover-Up as an alternative to conventional foundation.
Karlie Kloss airbrushed to appear healthier (left) and the original un-retouched image (right). (Photo: blisstree.com)
Still confused about CC creams? Check out our in-depth investigation with the skincare pros to learn more.