The Best in Golden Globes Style, Beyonce’s Life Is But A Dream Trailer, and More
- While Tina Fey and Amy Poehler had us in stitches, we were equally transfixed by the haute couture fashions displayed on the red carpet at last night’s Golden Globes. Here are the hits (and misses). [The Cut]
- Never ones to shy away from the spotlight, the Kardashian sisters’ yet-to-be-launched beauty line has been hit with a whopping $10 million lawsuit. [Huffington Post]
- After landing the cover of GQ and releasing a new song with Destiny’s Child, Beyonce gives us a hint of what to expect from her upcoming HBO Special. [Huffington Post]
- If you’re suffering from a serious case of the Mondays, let this confectionery-inspired nail art lift your mood. [HelloGiggles]
- Like many women, we’re guilty of writing off makeup primer as totally superfluous. But this demystifying guide has us rethinking that it’s an essential. [Into The Gloss]
- Justin Timberlake finally releases his first single in over 10 years. [justintimberlake.com]
Still not sold on primers? Birchbox Editor Mollie Chen explains why you need a primer and which ones to try.
Notable Quotables is a weekly series featuring a great quote. Whether it’s the founder of a beloved beauty brand, an eccentric makeup artist making headlines, or even a super-stylish celebrity, our favorite tastemakers always have something worth sharing. This week our quote is about the Kardashian Sisters and their takeover of the beauty world. Whether you love them, hate them, or just don’t care, you can’t deny that the whole family has selling power!
“Kardashian is the type of brand that can afford to be everywhere — we’re not concerned about overexposure…What I believe makes the Kardashians so intriguing is they are in the public eye in a very exposed way — everyone who watches and reads about them feels like they know them, that they’re part of their family. There is an aspirational aspect that the consumer looks up to, as well as the day-to-day drama.” - Philip Zellner, chief executive officer of Lighthouse Beauty regarding Kardashian branded fragrances to WWD.
Who watched Kim’s Fantasy Wedding this weekend? In case you were wondering, I did, of course.
We may not have royalty in the U.S., but we do have celebrities that think they’re royalty (I guess if you earn more than some small third-world countries, that’s pretty legit). One stateside mega-star who’s practically aristocracy is Kim Kardashian, who got married to NBA player Kris Humphries this past weekend in Montecito, California. As nobility would, Kim donned a tiara-like accessory that, in my opinion, really detracted from the rest of her look. Everything else about her ensemble screams elegant: the strapless cut is classic, the veil is very tasteful, and boy oh boy, could her diamond earrings be any more to-die-for? But someone should have told her to ditch the tacky headpiece. Because unless you’re Kate Middleton, you have no business wearing anything that remotely resembles a diamond-encrusted crown.
Did I mention I love her dramatic lashes? If you aren’t willing to go faux, try Benefit’s BADgal, which will give you tons of volume.