Top 7 Best Dressed at the 2013 Oscars
This year’s Oscars have been a parade of surprises—and not in the way you’d think. From minimal color to minimal volume to minimal jewelry, the red carpet was ruled by neutrals and bare shoulders. While there were certainly a few over-the-top gowns, the fashions erred more on the side of demure femininity. Here are our top six favorite looks—and we want to hear yours too!
- Jennifer Lawrence in Dior: We’re not ranking our picks, but if we had to vote for best dressed it would go hands down to the Silver Linings Playbook star. The pale pink, delightfully poofy gown set off her pale complexion perfectly. And can we talk about the delicate jewels draped down her back? Amazing.
- Naomi Watts in Armani: This memorable sparkler definitely has the coolest neckline we’ve seen in a while. We’re thrilled that Watts wore her hair up to show off the dress’ geometric lines.
- Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture: This fitted white peplum stunner highlights every single one of the actress’ features, especially her supershort haircut. You are a vision, Charlize.
- Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen: Halters are hard to pull off but the Les Misérables star looked radiant in her beaded number.
- Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive: Redheads take note: Nude is definitely your color. Our jaws dropped when we saw the Zero Dark Thirty star hit the red carpet. Chastain’s retro waves and red lipstick made her look like the epitome of Hollywood glamour.
- Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta: Uhhhh. Princess gowns at the Oscars are amazing. Princess gowns made by Oscar de la Renta are even better. This powder blue frock is beyond dreamy.
- Jennifer Hudson Roberto Cavalli Couture: Sleeves, baby!The singer stunned in form-fitting navy blue, proving that you can be sexy and covered up at the same time.
For more Oscars fun, check out our Pinterest board with all of the evening’s looks.
We fell hard for Natalie Alcala last fall, when the LA-based writer and blogger spent a week guest blogging for us. In fact, we loved her posts so much that we asked her to be a contributing editor. In addition to blogging for us once a week, she’ll also be writing for the Birchbox Magazine and keeping us up to speed on all things fashion, beauty, and fun.
Were you surprised by the 2013 Oscar nominations? Save for a few upsets (how is Ben Affleck not nominated for Best Director?), I was pretty pleased with this list, especially since a handful of my beauty muses are in the mix. To celebrate this year’s leading ladies, here’s a roundup of their best red carpet looks of all time.
(Photo: Getty Images)
Matthew Williamson and Havaianas team up on some seriously stylish rain boots. (Photo: facebook.com)
Not feeling eyelash extensions? Get a similar effect with less hassle by using Benefit they’re Real! Mascara.
100% of profits from the Kiehl’s and Kenny Scharf collaboration will be donated to children’s charities around the world. (Photo: shefinds.com)
We’re big-time fans of Kiehl’s products! These are our favorites. Which are yours?
From left: Josh Hutcherson, Jennifer Lawrence, and Liam Hemsworth.
Last night was the premiere of the year (at least in our eyes). Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, and Josh Hutcherson (a.k.a. Katniss, Gale, and Peeta) took to the red carpet, with a slew of other Hollywood stars, for the release of the much-anticipated Hunger Games film. We’re such huge fans, and literally counting the days till we get to watch the movie next week, that we had to share some of our favorite pictures from the night. Click through to see some of our favorite looks!
We’ve been waiting for months and one of the biggest nights of the year is almost here: the Oscars! We’ll be live tweeting and critiquing this Sunday night, so don’t forget to follow us at #bbredcarpet. And in preparation for the occasion, we wanted to do a roundup of last year’s hightlights. Tell us in the comments: what have been your favorite Oscar moments? Are you looking forward to tuning in?
The Hosts: Anne Hathaway and James Franco
Anne made a splash with her eight (yes, eight!) outfit changes, including this custom Lanvin tuxedo. As always, James was charmingly aloof and pleasant to look at. But somehow together, they just didn’t click. Here’s hoping that hosting pro Billy Crystal will bring back a little magic this year.