We’re always looking for good sartorial inspiration, which is why we regularly turn to PR exec Jaimen Sfetko’s Tumblr, Jaimen Lee. Documenting her own stellar (and quirky cool) style, Sfetko gives us a daily dose of outfit envy — and has us wishing she did costume changes throughout the day. Naturally, we’re curious about the savvy New Yorker’s product picks, too. This week, Sfetko is guest blogging about her beauty musts and today she’s discussing her New York Fashion Week essentials.
New York Fashion Week is in full swing and it’s a busy, jam-packed schedule for fashion and beauty bloggers alike. Rushing from show to show leaves little time for touch-ups, so you need products that will last. Here are my must-haves for New York Fashion Week that help to keep me fresh all day long.
- Something that Does It All: I received Nuxe’s Huile Prodigieuse® / Multi-Usage Dry Oil in last month’s Birchbox and like the product description says, it really can be used for everything. Not only does it moisturize my cuticles and minimize my frizz, I also love adding it to a matte shadow to take my lids from day to night.
- Control Your Hair: Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there wasn’t such an awful combination of heat, humidity, and rain in the city this week? Unfortunately, there is, so coating hair in Ouidad Climate Control Heat and Humidity Gel is a must first thing in the morning.
- Keep Your Eyes Open: Yes, it’s true: NYFW means no sleep. But why let everyone else know how much you’re suffering? Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara perks up your lashes making your eyes seem bigger and giving you the appearance of looking wide awake.
- Neutral Nails Are A Must: We all want to make a statement by looking fabulous at shows and it’s always tempting to try the latest nail trend at the salon before fashion week starts. But the reality is that between snapping photos, blogging all night long, and the general insanity of a packed schedule, a neutral shimmery color is your best bet. Zoya's polishes last forever and a chip with one these beige shades doesn’t equate to the end of the world!
Good luck all you fashionistas! Read the rest of our NYFW coverage here.
We’re always looking for good sartorial inspiration, which is why we regularly turn to PR exec Jaimen Sfetko’s Tumblr, Jaimen Lee. Documenting her own stellar (and quirky cool) style, Sfetko gives us a daily dose of outfit envy — and has us wishing she did costume changes throughout the day. Naturally, we’re curious about the savvy New Yorker’s product picks, too. This week, Sfetko is guest blogging about her beauty musts, starting with what’s in her super-chic bathroom cabinets.
Maybe it’s just me, but on a lazy rainy day or day off from work, I’m left feeling like I need to be doing something. Working in PR here in New York, I’m used to a pretty consistent level of insanity, which makes taking time off to relax hard to do. Lately during my downtime, I’ve been creating to-do lists that include treatments or activities that nurture my body and mind. From manicures to a good Wii Just Dance session (might I recommend “Toxic” or “S.O.S”), there’s a number of things you can do for yourself to refresh and renew. To keep things relevant, since Birchbox is all about beauty, here’s are some of my favorite product indulgences that are guaranteed to put a bounce in your step and smile on your face:
- Scrub: So much grime accumulates over time on your face and nothing short of a really good scrub cleanser can get rid of it. Those apricot scrubs, however, are not the route to go, as they actually can put little cuts into your skin. You want something a bit more gentle instead and trust me, the result will be worth it.
- Mask: This is something we’ve done since our first middle school sleepovers, but it often gets put on the wayside come professional life and busy work days. Masks can completely rejuvenate your skin and help to moisturize and brighten. To really clean and clear, I adore masks from Mario Badescu and June Jacobs.
- Peel: When a scrub and mask just aren’t enough, you need something more effective to erase the fine lines and lackluster skin that’s built up over time. I received Juice Beauty’s Green Apple Peel from my sister (an editorial makeup artist) last Christmas after she raved about the results she’d seen firsthand on models at her shoots. The mask is amazing yet gentle and I’d recommend it to anyone looking to undo a bit of damage from age, sun, and all the bad stuff we put into our mouths!
Once you’re done prepping your skin, spoil it some more with a luxurious philosophy hope in a jar moisturizer.