7 posts tagged huffingtonpost
Cuticle Art, One Direction’s Makeup Collection, and More
- Nails are getting another upgrade with cuticle art. Think nail decals that can also be applied to your skin. [She Finds]
- This guy proves that people can create misleading weight loss photos in under an hour. See the incredible series here. [Huffington Post]
- The wait is over! The royal couple named their newest addition prince George Alexander Louis! [ABC News]
- One Direction is launching their own makeup collection with MUA cosmetics and it’s geared towards—who else?—young girls. [MUA Cosmetics]
- Another terrifying trailer for Sandra Bullock and George Clooney’s Gravity has been released. [Glamour]
- Fans of the late YouTube beauty guru Talia Joy Castellano are petitioning for her favorite brand, MAC, to make her lifelong dream come true: her own makeup line that benefits cancer research. [Beauty High]
- Before you attempt to go surfing for the first time, here are five things you need to know. [Well+Good]
Michelle Williams for Louis Vuitton, Beyonce’s Fan Debacle, and More
- Style star Michelle Williams is the new face of Louis Vuitton. We’re loving the pics from her new campaign. [Huffington Post]
- Hydrating the wrong way can negatively affect your workout. Here’s how to get your H20 the right way. [Well+Good]
- Emma Stone has yet another new cut. This time it’s a summer bob and we officially have major hair envy. [Daily Mail]
- Turns out, nail polish guru Essie Weingarten’s husband loves her namesake polish line just as much as she does: He’s never without a coat of Mademoiselle. Is the man mani a new trend? [The Cut]
The Royal Baby App, Diane Von Furstenberg’s Home, and More
- Dior tweeted a little sneak peek of its bathtub photo shoot with Robert Pattinson. Sorry ladies, he’s fully clothed. [Beauty High]
- Legendary supermodel and fashion icon Kate Moss opens up about plastic surgery, weight, fashion, and much more. [Allure]
- Here’s a rare look into Diane von Furstenberg’s Connecticut estate. Check out that lipstick tree! [Tales of Endearment]
- Down-to-earth celeb mom Jennifer Garner is the new and first celebrity face of Max Mara. [Huffington Post]
Birchbloggers have more tips for perfect summer skin. For starters, mineral makeup won’t clog pores.
How to Look Great Post-Flight, Tips for a Healthier Summer, The Staycation Guide, and More
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss. Read them while you’re laying on the beach or relaxing indoors.
- How To: Look Great After a Long Flight: We know it’s tough to look and feel gorgeous after a few hours in the air. Thankfully makeup artist Nam Vo shared her best pre-landing touchup tricks.
- 5 Tips for Making This the Healthiest Summer Ever: Get ready to revamp your warm weather routine with these easy-to-follow tips on nutrition, yoga, workout mistakes and more.
- The Birchbox Man Guide to the Staycation: Can’t get away this summer? The gents at Birchbox Man created this nifty guide to the ultimate in-town vacay.
- The Product that Changed My Life: Eimear Lynch: Find out why this Condé Nast Traveler editor thinks your mom’s retro hot rollers are the key to a perfect blow-dry session.
- How To Get Happy This Very Minute: These helpful tips make bad days so much more manageable.
Summertime sandals aren’t complete without a pretty pedi. Here’s how you can win 100 Color Club nail polishes for endless options of brights and pastels.
Caffeine Can Affect Your Creativity, Instagram’s New Snazzy Video Feature, and More
- It’s hard to start the day without a cup of joe. But if you’re in a particularly creative field, you may want to stay away from java. [Refinery 29]
- As if we weren’t obsessed enough with Instagram, our favorite snapshot app just announced their new video feature. Animated selfies?! [CNN]
- We know the usual suspects for split ends and discoloration (hi, chlorine) but according to a recent study, copper may be the biggest offender. [Allure]
- Kim and Kanye’s baby name has finally been revealed—and it doesn’t start with a K. [CBS News]
- Still confused about the recently updated FDA regulations on SPF and “broad spectrum”? Here’s what it means for all that sun protection in your makeup. [New York Times]
Speaking of Instagram, check out Birchbox’s very first Instavid.
Kate Upton Covers Vogue, Benefit’s Surprise Makeovers, and More
- Perhaps in a ploy to get more male readers, Kate Upton graces the cover of Vogue for June. [Huffington Post]
- Lipstick Queen’s new Endless Summer collection has the editors over at Beauty High drooling. [Beauty High]
- Jennifer Aniston gets on camera for Living Proof to talk candidly about “The Rachel” cut with the hairstylist that made her coif so famous. [Living Proof]
- One woman tried Gwyneth Paltrow’s strict diet for 10 days and did not cut corners. Here’s how she fared. [The Cut]
- Looks like Seth Meyers will take over Late Night when Jimmy Fallon moves over to host the Tonight Show. [New York Times]
- Benefit lures unsuspecting U.K. residents in to surprise makeovers with a pink ringing telephone booth. And then has them perform karaoke in front of a live audience! [YouTube]
The Window Thigh Dress, Red Lipstick as Concealer, and More
- Georgia May Jagger introduces a brand new window dress trend. [Huffington Post]
- Makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff shares a must-try red lipstick trick for deep skin tones. [Huffington Post]
- Throwing a Cinco de Mayo party this weekend? Try one of these 10 recipes for a healthy entreé option. [Greatist]