73 posts tagged huffington post
The Great Beyonce Hair Watch, Lohan’s New TV Gig, and More
- Beyonce’s pixie has already morphed into a bob! [BeautyHigh]
- Jennifer Aniston veered from her signature sleek look at a We’re the Millers premiere. [Fashionista]
- Read more about our favorite EIC Eva Chen and her relationship with Anna Wintour, influence for the new generation, her background, and much more. [New York Times]
Ruffian took the beauty world by storm when they debuted their reverse half-moon nail design on the runway. Now they’ve partnered up with Birchbox to bring you their first-ever nail lacquer collection.
Covergirl + Hunger Games, Michelle Obama’s Hip Hop Album, and More
- Michelle Obama is putting together a hip-hop album as part of her “Let’s Move!” obesity campaign. [Refinery 29]
- You! Lingerie broke the mold by using fully pregnant models for their Lingerie Fashion Week show. [Huffington Post]
- New mom Kristen Bell decided to pose for Redbook Magazine without losing all of her baby weight—and she looks fantastic. [Fashionista]
- Jennifer Aniston would rather shave her head than wear “The Rachel” for the rest of her life. [Total Beauty]
Did you know Tina Fey has a new show coming soon? We celebrated the news by looking back on good times with Liz Lemon—in GIFS.
Jason Wu for Lancôme Revealed, Blowdrying Your Eyelashes, and More
- Set to launch during fashion week, here’s a preview of Jason Wu’s collection for Lancôme. [Daily Mail]
- Learn the difference between acne marks and scars so you can treat each more effectively. [Huffington Post]
- These editors and beauty experts are spilling their best beauty secrets, from blowdrying eyelashes to using Chapstick on hair. [She Knows]
How to Get More From Your Shave, Deborah Lippmann’s Mani Tips and More
- Thoughtful career advice from Hollywood’s most inspiring women? Yes please. [Glamour]
- Thanks to these 3 tips for using nail wraps on short nails, even our stubbiest nails can join in the fun. [Allure]
- 9 helpful dos and don’ts for strong, healthy nails courtesy of Deborah Lippmann. [Huffington Post]
Road Testing The Snail Facial, Shark Week-Inspired Manis, and More
- Racked’s reporter tests the merits of Japan’s latest “it” facial by letting snails crawl on his face. [Racked]
- We can’t get enough of these gorgeous retro beauty looks, courtesy of Lucille Ball. [Huffington Post]
- In September’s Harper’s Bazaar, cover girl Sarah Jessica Parker opens up about her Manolo Blahnik collab, female beauty, and more. [Harper’s Bazaar]
While you wait for your August boxes to come in the mail, reminisce about July with these unboxing videos.
"My Lipstick Story"
We love a bold lip. It attracts attention, brightens up the face, and just looks fantastic. But for the same reasons that lipstick is awesome, it can also be incredibly intimidating. That’s why were were so drawn to beauty vlogger and comedian Franchesca Ramsey's latest video, “My Lipstick Story.”
"My Lipstick Story" is about Ramsey’s insecurity about her lips growing up. To her, they looked like "identical burger buns" that didn’t need any more more attention with color. But a professional makeup session for a photoshoot last year changed all that and gave her the confidence to wear bold lipstick everyday. Our team can’t get enough of the ever-changing lipsticks in the video (think Beyonce’s Countdown video) and her inspiring monologue.
For a while now, I’ve been fascinated with lipsticks. From the perfect classic red to the brightest neon pink, my beauty dream is to collect every single shade and color. But whenever opportunities to wear them come along (read: everyday), I swipe on a bright coral or deep plum and later wipe it right off in favor of a natural tint or a “my lips, but better” shade. You see, despite my love for lip color, the attention-drawing aspect of it intimidates me. I’ve always thought that it takes a certain confidence to pull off a bold lipstick, but while that may be true, Franchesca has inspired me to believe that a bold lip can also empower and make you feel beautiful too.
What’s your lipstick story? Tell us in the comments!
To ease into wearing brighter lip colors, I’m sporting these bold and easy-to-pull-off lipsticks.
How to Make Your Clothes Look Expensive, Amanda Seyfried’s Dog Tricks, and More
- Amanda Seyfried’s Australian shepherd dog performed an impressive trick on the Late Show with David Letterman. [Glamour]
- Calling all shameless selfie-takers: Next Model UK is scouting for talent through #selfie submissions. [Fashionista]
- On a budget? No problem; use these tricks to make your clothes look more expensive. [Huffington Post]
- Here’s the 411 on kefir, a body-healing cousin of yogurt that has impressive health benefits. [Greatist]
For a midweek breather, relax with a tall glass of homemade white sangria.
Behind the Makeunders of Orange is the New Black, Socks for a Cause, and More
- Michal Bigger, the makeup artist for Orange is the New Black, discusses the show’s drab transformations, creating dark under eye circles, and more. [Beauty High]
- Which celebs were chosen to cover the September issues of major fashion magazines? Check out the full list. [Fashionista]
- New company Bombas is aimed at giving the sock a major makeover (think better performance, look, feel—everything). Plus for each pair you buy, a pair will be donated to someone in need.[Indiegogo]
Looking for some online entertainment? Check out BB staffers’ favorite leisure time links.
Adjusting Your Acne Skincare Routine, Why Flip Flops are Hurting Your Feet, and More
- These dermatologist tips on adjusting health and skincare routines may make the difference in your fight against acne. [New York Times]
- Before you proclaim that flip flops are your favorite summer shoe, find out more about how they could be damaging your feet. [Huffington Post]
- Fashionista’s Cheryl Wischhover tells the story of her transition from nursing to fashion writing—as a 40-year-old. [Salon]
- Wowza. Beyoncé models in full body paint for the cover of Flaunt magazine. [People Style Watch]
- That laser hair removal might not be as safe as you think. [Elle]
Dustin Hoffman on Female Beauty, How to Protect Your Privacy on Facebook, and More
- Dustin Hoffman, who stepped into a woman’s shoes for his role in 1982’s Tootsie, breaks down crying while talking about society’s expectations of female beauty. [Upworthy]
- Feeling uncomfortable with the recent launch of Facebook’s graph search? Here’s how to stop people from using it to find you. [Huffington Post]
- Quench your thirst with three summer juice recipes from indie NYC juice brand, Love Grace Foods. [Well+Good]
- Finding the perfect bra just got way easier. Brayola is a new social network/buddy system filled with women just like you. [She Finds]