We hope you’re having a fantastic holiday with your loved ones!
You may notice that we’re posting a little less than we normally do this week. But don’t worry, we’ll be back in full swing after New Year’s with even more blog awesome-sauce.
When it comes to holiday parties, we love getting dressed up, but we usually want to wear something different and exciting to each special occasion. That can be a bit straining on our wallets so if you’re like us, Rent the Runway is your jam. We’re obsessed with the site, which lets you rent designer dresses for either four or eight days at a fraction of the retail price. What’s more, they give you a free backup size, you can also rent accessories, and returning is a breeze (just pop your items in the mail using the pre-paid padded envelope that’s provided). And here’s another reason to browse the site right now: You can take $50 off your next rental of $125 or more by using the code BRCHBX50 at checkout.* (Definitely don’t wait to use this deal, it expires on February 28th, 2013.)
To get you inspired for your next festive fete, here are two ultraglam looks with corresponding beauty recommendations:
Hooray, It’s the Birchbox Beauty Pulse Holiday 2012 Survey!
This past summer, we surveyed our members on anything and everything beauty-related, from waxing to neon nails, and then transformed the raw data into our very first Birchbox Pulse Survey infographic. The results were such a hit, we decided to do a survey each quarter, and we’re thrilled to announce the launch of our latest: the Holiday 2012 Edition.
We won’t spoil the fun by spilling too much here, but we can’t resist sharing a few nuggets that we found particularly interesting:
- The average holiday budget among our members is $556.
- Respondents want one out of every four holiday gifts to be beauty-related.
- 62 percent of people wear more makeup during the holidays.
There are also sections on holiday do’s and don’ts, the season’s hottest lip color, and what beauty gifts people really want to receive (if you haven’t finished your holiday shopping yet, we suggest you pay close attention to this part).
A big shout-out goes out to Rebecca Sloat on our creative team, who spent tireless hours making this infographic so gloriously gorgeous. We’d love for all of you to help us get the word out by sharing our festive findings via your social channels. Also, we want to hear your thoughts! Let us know in the comments below what you think of these results, as well as what kind of surveys you’d like to see from us in the future.
Check out what our co-founder Katia had to say about the survey by reading this WWD article.
Elizabeth Dehn of Beauty Bets Shares Her Holiday Gift Picks
Ah, the holidays—the greatest gift-giving time of the year. We know how tough it can be to come up with the perfect present for every friend, acquaintance, co-worker, and loved one in your life, which is why we’ve turned to our favorite tastemakers to tell us what they’ve got their eye on this season. This week’s trendsetter: Minnesota-based beauty enthusiast and founder of BeautyBets.com, Elizabeth Dehn.
1. Paper goods ranks a close second to beauty products in my world, and no one does them better than Sugar Paper. Plus, I like any excuse I can get to combine stripes, bows, and gold foil.
2. Mine is an old-school whiskey-drinking kind of family—mint juleps in the summer and Manhattans in the winter. Bulleit is the best.
3. More stripes and gold foil! I can’t get enough. And what girl wouldn’t want this French Annick Goutal votive on her desk or vanity?
4. Pop these wooden toothbrushes in your weekender as a cute hostess gift. Or hand them out to your own overnight guests along with a tube of Marvis toothpaste.
5. My brother is getting this felt Old Calgary wallet for Christmas. Like his Minnesota-raised sister, he has a thing for heritage design with a North Woods vibe.
6. Best. Hand cream. Ever. Rodin Olio Lusso Crema is as rich as its price tag, yet miraculously non-greasy. For the girl—or the boss—who has everything.
7. A rose body oil by any other name would not smell as real or as heavenly. Plus its formula is all natural, just like everything else in One Love Organics’ life-changing skincare line.
8. And speaking of life-changing: J.Crew vintage pajama sets are the best gift I’ve ever received. This year, I’m asking Santa for the short-sleeved version.
9. No style blogger can seem to get enough of Clare Vivier’s clutches or her modern use of bright colors with soft, neutral leathers.
10. There’s something incredible satisfying about scribbling on a thick, white notepad. Not a day goes by that someone doesn’t ooh and ahh over my stack of from Russell + Hazel.
Need the perfect gift for anyone on your list? We recommend the Birchbox Home box!
Ah, the holidays—the greatest gift-giving time of the year. We know how tough it can be to come up with the perfect present for every friend, acquaintance, co-worker, and loved one in your life, which is why we’ve turned to our favorite tastemakers to tell us what they’ve got their eye on this season. To help us kick things off, this week Grace Atwood of fashion and DIY blog Stripes & Sequins shares a few of her favorite picks.
Hi Birchbox readers, it’s Grace here. I was honored when Birchbox asked me to participate in this fun series because I’ve always been a huge fan of the brand. (In fact, I was a beta member back when Birchbox only had twenty subscribers!) Click through to check out my holiday gift picks.