Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Are you heading somewhere nice for the weekend or having a mini stay-cation? Either way, enjoy your three days off and we’ll see you next week.
- First Ladies—they’re just like us! Michelle Obama revealed that the one thing she won’t be caught dead wearing is a bathing suit. We’re with you, Mrs. O! [She Finds]
- In crazy nail-art news, there are apparently nail polish pens for DOGS now. As in, you can give your dog a manicure with polka dots or flowers or whatever. Does this mean nail art has finally jumped the shark? Doubt it, but this is just crazy. [Refinery 29]
- Rihanna just debuted a new hairstyle on the Wednesday night finale of American Idol: Dreadlocks! The pop star has apparently wanted to get them since she was 14. [Fashion Etc]
- The J.Crew/Mickey Drexler piece aired last night on CNBC and gave us a glimpse inside the company plus interviews with other J.Crew insiders including Jenna Lyons. NYMag rounded up some of the best clips. [The Cut]
- Hillary Clinton continues to prove how awesome she is. Yesterday, images surfaced of her testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations committee with a popped collar. That’s pretty great by itself but she’s also wearing a coral lip! It’s quite possibly the only thing better than no makeup at all. [The Gloss]
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page for a 15% off promo code on all our summer essentials this weekend!
We’ve always had a soft spot for Hillary Clinton, so when we saw her good-humored response to the Texts From Hillary tumblr last month, her status as “Coolest Secretary of State Ever” was solidified in our minds. Just when we thought she couldn’t get any better, we came across this quote from her on Styleite from an interview she did with CNN. Within the interview, she addressed recent criticism of her appearances wearing less than a full face of makeup.