Reading List: A Sophisticated Updo (for Short Hair too!), How to Become a Morning Person, and More
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
1. The Bouffant Pony: Birchboxer Whitney shows us how to create a chic bouffant pony. Spoiler alert: As you can see in the photo, it involves LOTS of teasing.
2. How to Become a Morning Person: Early risers are not only healthier but also happier. Check out this helpful interview for tips on how to give your AM snooze habit the boot.
3. Queen Kate: This week model and icon Kate Moss turned 40 years old (where has the time gone?). Take a trip back through two decades of magazine covers in this feature from our UK outpost.
4. 4 Clever Ways to Maximize Your Travel Bag: Did you know a contact lens case can double as a travel container for foundation? Before you take off on your next trip, check out these handy tips for making the most of the products you pack.
How To: A Crown Braid Tutorial
Who needs a 2014 tiara when you’ve got a crown braid? If you’re still looking for a hairstyle to wow your fellow party-goers tonight we’ve got just the ticket with this tutorial. Watch to learn how to recreate the look yourself with step-by-step instructions from Birchbox editor (and hair guru) Meredith.
Don’t stop here! We’ve got you covered for all manner of beauty woes with our top 10 videos of 2013!
Reading List: A Crown Braid Tutorial, Uncle Jesse, and More
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the Magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
1. How To: Perfect a Crown Braid: This beautiful updo is one of our favorite styles for when you’re sick of your long hair.
2. Uncle of the Year—John Stamos: Birchbox Man takes us back to the ’90s this week with a thoughtful look back at the coolest uncle of them all.
3. Get NYE Ready: Rachel Zoe’s makeup artist teaches us how to get his untraditional smoky eye (think: khaki and gold!) for the biggest party night of the year.
4. Orange You Glad?: Last week, the Birchbox France team boldly explored an underused shade—orange. Watch their video to see how it’s done!
Give the gift of Birchbox!
How To: Curl Short Hair
You may know Birchbox staffer Whitney as one of our dedicated discovery specialists, but what you probably don’t know is that she’s also a creative genius at work behind the scenes of our video program. Since she’s a hairstyling wiz to boot, we recently dragged her out from behind the camera to show off her skills with a curling iron on her newly-chopped hair. Watch the video above to learn how to transform a short bob into a curly style, perfect for a Saturday night out or getting prepped for the holiday party season.
Who says girls with long hair get to have all the fun? Let us know in the comments what your favorite short hair styles are—we may just persuade Whitney to make another tutorial!
Find all the products featured in this video in the Birchbox Shop.
There are few things that boost my confidence quite like a salon-fresh blowout. After quizzing numerous hairstylists on their techniques and some DIY home trials of my own, I’ve finally figured out one of the most important steps to sleek, picture-perfect locks.
5 Things We Can’t Live Without This Month, Hemingway’s Travel Tips, and Our Favorite Celebrity Hair Tutorial Yet!
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss. Read them while you’re laying on the beach or relaxing indoors.
How To: Bright Eye Makeup Tutorial with Mally: When you are low on sleep, your eyes are the first place to show it. Counteract dark circles with this easy wide-awake eye makeup tutorial from celebrity makeup artist Mally of Mally Beauty. Think of this look like an espresso shot for your face.
Hemingway’s Travel Tips for Working on the Road: When he wasn’t writing some of the 20th century’s most celebrated prose, Ernest Hemingway was traveling the world. Here’s some choice advice from the prolific novelist on getting work done when you’re far afield.
How To: Connie Britton Waves: That. Hair. No one pulls off wavy, strawberry blonde—and sometimes straight up red—quite like Connie. Cop the sassy actress’ signature ‘do with this hair tutorial.
Lady Gaga’s Art of the Matter: Love her or hate her, Lady Gaga certainly knows a thing or two about turning heads. This month, the over-the-top popstar chats with Elle magazine about her upcoming album, the artists that inspire her, and, of course, her wacky fashion sense.
How to Keep Your Summer Glow All Year Round: Fall may be upon us but that doesn’t mean you can’t keep your glow-y summer skin going all year long. Birchbox UK’s Editorial exec Grace shows you how to use these fab products from the theBalm cosmetics to keep your skin looking fresh well into apple-picking season.
A new September equals the start of a new school year! Score our back to school favorites in the Birchbox Shop.
How To: Triple Braided Hairstyle Tutorial
A few weeks ago, we asked our Facebook followers to vote on their favorite medium-length hairstyle and this triple braided overwhelmingly received the most love. Whether you need an easy wedding updo or a pretty way to keep your hair up, this boho-chic hairstyle should do the trick. All it takes is three simple braids, some bobby pins, elastics, and of course, hairspray. And while it’s lovely on its own, don’t be afraid to twist it to your taste—you can add pretty hair clips or other embellishments to make it your own.
Check out Candice’s video for the full tutorial on this gorgeous look.
What are your go-to hairstyles for medium-length hair?
Looking for a look that’s more sleek and professional? Here’s how the achieve the perfect easy sock bun.