How to Throw the Ultimate Arm Party
Goodbye flowery pinks and bright neons! After several seasons of bolder-than-Miley-at-the-VMAs hues and extreme nail art, I’m embracing modern-looking and demure lacquerers this fall. My personal favorite? Floss Gloss’s carmel-hued polish Tanlines.
As a diehard SPF fanatic, I avoid tanlines at all cost, but this is one sun-inspired trend I can get behind. I love that the color is sophisticated enough rock in a buttoned-up office, yet hip enough to showoff at a after-hours indie concert.
Plus, the camel-colored shade pairs perfectly with all my favorite accessories. Right now, I’m throwing a decadent arm party (as you can see from the photos above) and I invited my dearest friends: BRIKA Leather Wrap Bracelet by Sewsephine, Sashi Sam Bracelet, rumbaTIME Orchard Gem, and Shashi Lilu Bracelet.
What’s your favorite polish and accessory pairing?
Craving more polish options? Here are four fall 2013 looks we’re loving right now.
One of our favorite beauty icons celebrates her birthday today and we’re celebrating with lots of black liner and a messy updo. (Photo: dailymail.co.uk)
- Beauty High has condensed our favorite fall trends into one place, with tips for achieving each one. Now we just need to figure out whether to try graphic liner or a sleek pony first. [Beauty High]
- You probably remember the Facebook’s virtual “gifts,” but chances are you haven’t missed them since they went away in 2010. Now Facebook has announced their first foray into e-commerce: Gifts, a full-service shop hosted within the site. Yes, you can shop on mobile too. Sounds like all those birthday notifications will pay off. [All Things D]
- Zara announced this week they’re opening an ecommerce shop for housewares. The brand already has home stores in 32 countries but this will be the first time the products will be available to US customers. Our wallets have been warned. [NYTimes]
- Turns out guys are just as concerned with under eye puffiness. Sales on men’s eye creams grew by 33 percent (up to $5.4 million) in 2011. [NYTimes]
- The ultimate symbol of French hotness, Brigitte Bardot, turned 78 today. Is it just us or has there been a resurgence in her beauty influence lately? We’ll certainly be wearing cat-eye liner this weekend in her honor. [The Cut]
We’re exceedingly picky about our nails, which is why we’re so enamored with tenoverten. Not only are their two Manhattan salons amazing oases of calm and chic, but they have their own line of luxe polishes.
As we imagined, their lacquer collection is just as stylish as their clientele. They’re the perfect mix of neutrals and brights and each creamy shade dries to an ultra sleek finish. Plus, the formula is free of ingredients like formaldehyde and resin, meaning we can wear these without worrying about chemicals.
We could wax poetic about how much we love these hues, but we’ll let these photos do the waxing for us.
Mulberry: A sophisticated mauve with subtle sheen.
Click through to see more of our favorite shades:
Yesterday we were on set for a very special photo shoot, but we’re keeping the major details under wraps for the time being. We can say, however, that you should expect to see gorgeous fall beauty inspiration (for hair, lips, nails, and more!), along with some seriously styling outfits. To give you a tiny taste for what’s in store, above is a peek behind the scenes. On the left (in chartreuse and gray) is our creative director, Jess, and in the middle (in orange) is our editorial director, Mollie.
Now that we’ve shared, we want to hear from you: what beauty looks are you most excited to rock this fall?
Even though our eyes are on fall, we still whole-heartedly love summer trends. Use these tips from Glamour’s editors to get the most from your warm weather beauty look.