We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
1. Birchbox x Youtube: Do you subscribe to Birchbox on Youtube? (You should!) Our Youtube channel is packed with videos sharing advice on a variety of things, from how to apply liquid eyeliner to how to pack the perfect travel case, and more. Come take a look!
2. Movember Inspiration: Douglas Friedman—respected photographer, daring traveler, and the charismatic face behind a serious ‘stache—kickstarts Movember in this charming video interview.
3. Beauty Buzz: UK Edition: Our team across the pond quizzed their beauty editors on what makes them tick, from their go-to treatments to the “non-beauty” treats they’re looking forward to this fall.
4. Brow Tips from #AskBenefit: This week the brow experts at Benefit schooled us on how to handle everything from bleaching to over-plucking. Here, we share our top five most useful tips.
5. An Unsettling Photoshop Transformation: We couldn’t help but weigh in on the controversial Photoshop GIFs that made the rounds on the ‘net this week.
Discover a treasure trove of brow tips and grooming tools in the Birchbox Brows that W-O-W Shop.
Maintaining your brows can be a handful. Thankfully Jared Bailey, the brow wizard at Benefit, was kind enough to share his beauty expertise with us yesterday in a fun and informative Twitter chat. He schooled us on everything from bleaching to over-plucking, and now our notebooks overflow with new tricks—we’re Benebabes for life. Here are our top five most helpful tips gleaned from yesterdays chat:
1. “Pencil is going to be for definition, gel is to tame.”
2. When bleaching your brows, “Be careful! Bleaching around your eyes can be dangerous. Consult a brow artist in person.”
3. When trimming your brows, “Proceed with extreme caution. The key is to brush them up and trim them like a bonsai tree: very gently.”
4. “Work your natural arch! Since everyone’s brows are different, cookie-cutter styles and stencils simply won’t do.”
5. Over-plucked? “Visit a Brow Bar here for brow mapping. For a quick fix, sweep your bangs to the side!”
Want more eye-opening brow tips? You can read through the entire chat with #AskBenefit.
Check out our Brows that W-O-W category for a slew of Benefit brow products and tips.