23 posts tagged eye makeup
Reading List: Metallic Makeup Tutorial, Behind the Heart-melting Superbowl Puppy Commercial, and More
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything in the Birchbox Magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top posts that we don’t want you to miss.
2. Superbowl + Loveable Puppies: Thomas on the Birchbox Man team chatted with the creator behind the heart-melting Budweiser Superbowl ad starring one adorable pup. Read to get some insider info.
3. 5 Beauty “Don’ts” You Should Actually Try: We love the renegades in our U.K. office who dare you to break some well-known beauty rules. Truth be told, we’ve been known to be a little rebellious ourselves (read: unwashed hair).
4. My So-Called Flaws: We l-o-v-e this honest and personal essay from Birchbox editor Ally, who opened up about her struggle to make peace with an eight-inch scar left after an unfortunate boating accident.
Want to test out the Coastal Scents Palette? Come on over to our Shop to snag it!
How To: Get a Smoky Eye—No Makeup Brushes Required
Look Mom, no brushes! Whether you’re a makeup brush novice or just pressed for time, here’s a quick and easy way to get a smoky eye—using only your fingers.
Love this look? Get it with Laura Mercier’s Caviar Stick Eye Colors!
Special offer: Use promo code CYNTHIAROWLEYBEAUTY to get a FREE Cynthia Rowley Beauty Liquid Liner in Black Ink—a Birchbox exclusive ($18 value)—when you purchase a 3-, 6-, or 12-month women’s subscription. But hurry, quantities are limited!
The secret to looking ultraglam when the clock strikes 12? Focus on the eyes.
Not yet a Birchbox Subscriber? Sign up today!
How To Take Your Makeup From Day to Night With Cynthia Rowley Beauty
We’re pretty darn thrilled that mega fashion designer Cynthia Rowley has expanded her stylish empire to include a line of beauty products—and we’re even more excited that Cynthia Rowley Beauty is sold exclusively in the Birchbox Shop. For a limited-time, you can score the trendsetter’s Exclusive Launch Collection for $42—a $57 value! The set includes the Gilded Canvas Bag, the Liquid Liner in Black Ink, and the Eye Shadow Palette - No.1.
To give you a better sense of just how magical these new launches are, we tapped celeb makeup artist Daniel Martin (who works with stars like Dianna Agron and our wanna-be BFF Jennifer Lawrence) to use them in a day to night video tutorial. Watch as he transitions our staffer Deepica’s beauty look using the palette and the liner—these products aren’t just beautiful, they really perform!
Shop the Cynthia Rowley Beauty Exclusive Launch Collection and get the eyeshadow palette, liquid liner, and makeup bag for a special price of $42 while supplies last.
Selma Blair Goes Blonde, Juicy Couture Changes Hands, And More
- Selma Blair’s classic dark locks are now bleach blonde. [People]
- After six months of negotiations, Authentic Brands is now the owner of Juicy Couture. [WWD]
- Say no more runny eye makeup. This list of the best liquid liners will get you the sultry yet smudge-proof look you’ve been wanting. [Beauty High]
- Trends may come and go, but these cult-favorite beauty products will always be popular. [SheFinds]
- Is your diet making your skin dull? [Allure]
Want more buzz-worthy news? Stay in the know with more of our morning must reads.
A $75 Lipstick, The Secret Behind SJP’s Faux Hawk, and More
- How long did it take to create SJP’s faux hawk hairstyle for the Met Gala? The stylist behind the look, Serge Normant, dishes on the details. [Who What Wear]
- The ultimate guide to eye makeup, including tips for every eye shape. [BellaSugar]
- Achieve flawless skin with makeup by watching this video tutorial. [Birchbox UK]
How To Get Ombré Eyes, Spring Makeup Palettes, and More
- We can’t wait for spring to officially start—click through for the best new makeup palettes of the season. [BellaSugar]
- As if we needed another reason to love Mindy Kaling, the actress and author of Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me just announced that she’s penning a new book. [Glamour]
- Makeup artist Vivian Baker explains how to get the makeup looks from Oz The Great and Powerful. Plus, see all the beauty products that were created in collaboration with the film. [Glo]
- Watch this video tutorial to learn how to get the messy pony that Blake Lively wore to The Croods premiere in NYC. [InStyle]
- Make your own Shamrock Shake at home this weekend just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. [Cupcakes and Cashmere]
(Photo: Stylecaster Pictures)