While the usual low-slung pony is great for day-to-day, holiday party season provides the ideal opportunity to experiment with a different style. That’s why we’ve teamed up with one of our favorite sites, Beauty High. Each week, they’ll be sending over a few runway shots to inspire you to try something new for your upcoming festive fetes.
Left: Elie Saab; right: Emilio Pucci. (Photos: Imaxtree)
With holiday season in full swing, having a few go-to hairstyles in your arsenal is pretty essential. Most of us have our favorite bold lipsticks that we keep in our purses to swipe on when we realize we have to run from work (or school) to three different holiday parties, but our hair can be a completely different issue. Luckily, the trends on the fall/winter runways had plenty of different styles to inspire us, from bouffants to braids.
Most of us have been braiding our hair since we were in elementary school, so we immediately took to this trend—and it’s one that has become a runway staple ever since Guido Palau sent girls down Alex Wang’s runway in spring of 2010 with disheveled side braids. This season, we saw the braid take on a few more forms, from the milkmaid to cornrows, and they all work equally well for your holiday activities. Click through to find some inspiration for your packed holiday calendar, and for how to adapt these looks to your off-the-runway life.
We couldn’t be more excited for this power couple on their big day! (Photo: usmagazine.com)
We’ll admit it. We’ve been following the Jessica and Justin developments for a while now, and were pretty psyched when we found out that they were finally tying the knot in a secret ceremony this week in Italy. Now that they’ve made it official—for a rumored $6.5 million dollars, no less—we’re waiting with bated breath to see the first pictures of Jessica’s dress and, of course, her hair and makeup. Since we’ll have to wait until the next issue of People hits newsstands to see it, we decided to put our prediction skills to the test. Here are our best guesses for what Jessica’s look was:
From the midweek holiday to the Paris runway, it’s been a tumultuous seven days. At last the weekend’s here to give us time to digest. To help you reflect on the week, too, here are the top 25 most beautiful couture looks, the verdict on pore shrinkability, and, of course, even more on a perennial Birchbox favorite—nail art.
From left to right: Looks from the Elie Saab, Dior, Giambattista Vali, and Zuhair Murad couture shows. (Photos: fashionista.com)
- The Fall 2012 Paris Couture Shows are coming to a close, and audiences were as wowed as ever. Our favorite runway moment? Raf Simons’ victorious debut at Dior. Could you get any more polished or glam? [Fashionista]
- After going blonde, then brunette, then Elizabeth Taylor black, Lindsay Lohan is ginger once more. We’re always in favor of sticking to your roots. What do you think of LiLo’s latest transformation? [StyleNews]
- Something to go with your flapper dress and sleek straight bob: British brand Boots No. 7 is releasing a Great Gatsby makeup line. [Racked]
- We’ve heard this one before, but is it true? Stylelist digs deep into the myth: Can you really shrink pore size? [Stylelist]
- Nail art never gets old in this office. What to throw in your beauty bag now? These artsy and leak-proof nail pens. [She Finds]
Speak of the devil: click through to read up on our best nail art ideas.