We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
1. Birchbox Goes Mobile: You heard right. Finally, you can carry Birchbox in your pocket, courtesy of our new, easily customizable iPhone app. Go ahead, tap away!
2. 6 Must-Know Beauty Facts: Did you know that the Clarisonic origin story ties back to NASA? Check out these six baffling beauty facts compiled by our UK team—these will definitely make for optimal cocktail chatter.
3. BBC Reporter Gets Airbrushed: What does it feel like to get all of your imperfections erased virtually? Surprisingly, not that great.
4. Bowing Down to Queen B: It’s no secret we’re big Beyonce fans here at Birchbox (ahem). Inspired by her superfan Chris Koo’s video love letter to “Crazy in Love,” we “count down” our favorite Bey-inspired tributes.
5. 5 Blushing Brides: Our friends at Lover.ly were tickled pink by the romantic, rose-colored gown trend seen at Bridal Fashion Week.
Get a text with the download link for the Birchbox app sent straight to your phone!
Emily Loftiss, of Loftiss Says…, is a style and beauty maven who can take even the worst fashion debacle and make it a winning situation—who else could turn an old, too-small dress into an awesome style find from your own closet? This week, she’s telling us her top shopping picks for the holidays, her 5-minute trick to scoring gorgeous night out makeup, and more.
Oh, it’s that time of year when you are looking for gifts for everyone from your bestie to your grandmother. Instead of buying her items that might just take up space and leave her unimpressed (mom, I still don’t forgive you for the orange in the foot of my stocking!) check out my fool proof list below. Grab even a few of these and I promise you’ll hit it out of the park!
1. Dr. Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads
This product is magical in every way—it gives you a gorgeous, healthy glow! Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to have that golden look. Plus, the packets are perfect for traveling too!
When our web guru and production manager Alicia left for maternity leave in March, our team was more than a little uneasy. Enter Madelyne, a total lifesaver who immediately took on building endless product pages, articles and blog posts, and continues to keep us all in line, sweetly but oh-so effectively. The Marketing Team is constantly astounded by her attention to detail, her customer-oriented sensibility…and her closeted addiction to beauty/home/lifestyle shopping. Read on to find out more about her!
Madelyne Dolandolan, Web Production Coordinator
Hometown: Alameda, CA
Unofficial role: The quiet one
Fun fact: When I was in first grade, Jason Kidd visited my classroom often (he went to the adjoining high school). Gooo Pilots!
Beauty confession: My eyebrows have never been tweezed nor waxed. I’m too scared!
We can sum up how we feel about Elizabeth in one word: savior. Especially with our CFO Mike (a.k.a. our Accounting Department) constantly running in and out of the office (newborn baby?! Excuses, excuses…), we were in dire need of some backup. Enter Elizabeth. After leaving her job at Bliss for a big time hedge fund, Elizabeth decided she needed some beauty back in her life—and she definitely came to the right place.
Name/Title: Elizabeth Pangia, Director of Accounting
Hometown: Poughkeepsie, NY
Unofficial role: Orchid Doctor
Fun fact: I self designed my undergraduate major to prep for a career in Traditional Chinese Medicine.