We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
1. Birchbox x Youtube: Do you subscribe to Birchbox on Youtube? (You should!) Our Youtube channel is packed with videos sharing advice on a variety of things, from how to apply liquid eyeliner to how to pack the perfect travel case, and more. Come take a look!
2. Movember Inspiration: Douglas Friedman—respected photographer, daring traveler, and the charismatic face behind a serious ‘stache—kickstarts Movember in this charming video interview.
3. Beauty Buzz: UK Edition: Our team across the pond quizzed their beauty editors on what makes them tick, from their go-to treatments to the “non-beauty” treats they’re looking forward to this fall.
4. Brow Tips from #AskBenefit: This week the brow experts at Benefit schooled us on how to handle everything from bleaching to over-plucking. Here, we share our top five most useful tips.
5. An Unsettling Photoshop Transformation: We couldn’t help but weigh in on the controversial Photoshop GIFs that made the rounds on the ‘net this week.
Discover a treasure trove of brow tips and grooming tools in the Birchbox Brows that W-O-W Shop.
Sure, you could always go dressed as a sexy kitten. But why settle for the lowest common denominator when there are so many creative possibilities to explore? In honor of National Cat Day (seriously—it’s today), we put our heads together to come up with six different ways to rock a cat costume at the last minute, using only a black dress and few key props. So go ahead: Slip on your favorite LBD, pop on those cat ears that we know are hiding in the back of your closet from lazy Halloweens past, and check out our half-goofy, half-sincere ideas. We’ve got everything you need to transform yourself into a one-of-a-kind feline:
What you’ll need: A beret and sunglasses.
How to use: Wear both articles while casually leaning against the nearest wall. Bonus points for reading a book of poetry.
What you’ll need: Black eyeliner and one to two types of dark eye shadow.
How to use: Create a moody, smoky eye. Skulk around the party looking like you had fun once… and it was awful.
What you’ll need: Flattened dry goods boxes, empty oatmeal packets, and tape.
How to use: Use the tape to secure the empty food containers to your body. Curl up in the coziest corner of the room and take a nap.
What you’ll need: Elbow-length gloves and heaps of costume jewelry (think: fake pearl necklaces and oversized rings).
How to use: Slip on the gloves, and drape yourself in your latest spoils. Slink around the costume party like you have something to hide.
Corporate Fat Cat
What you’ll need: A bow tie, stacks of fake money, and a sense of entitlement. Also: a large pillow for your fat-cat belly.
How to use: Don your bow tie, grab your money stacks, and push that pillow up under your dress. Secure the pillow to your stomach with a wide ribbon or a piece of rope. Strut around the party glad-handing important people, then broker some shady political deals over by the punch bowl.
What you’ll need: A “lost cat” poster with a photo of yourself dressed as a cat.
How to use: In theory, to be a missing cat, all you’d have to do is dress up as a cat and then not show up to the party as planned. Or, you can do this instead.
And don’t think we’re out of ideas—Cleo-catra, Aristo-cat, Cat-niss Everdeen—the list goes on and on. But we’re only two ladies, and we can only waste so much of our in-house photographer’s time posing as cats. We leave it to you to explore all of the possible variations. And don’t forget to bring the cat wine.
—Amary & Ally
Happy Halloween! Today only we’re giving you a super special treat—free shipping on ANY full-size order! Just use code ‘FREESHIPTREAT’ at checkout.