Holiday Party Style, DIY Decorating Tips, and More
1. Get Crafy!: In this video, Birchbox staffer Charlie shows us three awesome holiday decorations that you can make at home. Pass the glitter!
2. How To Tie a Bow Tie: This cute little video from Birchbox Man totally demystifies the intimidating prospect of trying a real-deal bow tie. Easier than we thought!
3. Holiday Party Style: Finally! The Birchbox holiday celebration is tonight, and three lucky staffers will don adorable dresses courtesy of Rebecca Taylor. See how they styled their dresses, and pick up a few tips for your own office party!
4. Awards Season Begins: This week, we were totally psyched to see so many of our favorite ladies nominated for Golden Globes. From J. Law to Kerry Washington, we can barely wait to see what beauty looks they sport on the red carpet.
5. Natural Shimmer: Meanwhile across the pond, staffers at Birchbox UK tested out some seriously shimmery eyeshadows. See how they got the understatedly chic look!
Join Birchbox before December 17 to receive our holiday-themed Sparkle & Shine December Box!
A Thanksgiving-Worthy Makeup Look in Ten Minutes or Less
If we know our members (and we think we do), you’re probably feeling a teensy bit stressed about tomorrow’s big holiday, especially if you’re hosting. Lest you think that we’ve left you in the lurch in the looking cute department, we’re sharing this holiday-ready makeup look from our Editorial Director Mollie, and InStyle’s Beauty Director Kahlana Barfield.
A sheer bronze eye is just the right amount of shine, and we swear you can do this look in between basting the turkey (or, in my case, tofurkey) and setting the table. Let us know how it goes and have a fabulous Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more makeup and hair tutorials and skincare tips every week.
How To: Triple Braided Hairstyle Tutorial
A few weeks ago, we asked our Facebook followers to vote on their favorite medium-length hairstyle and this triple braided overwhelmingly received the most love. Whether you need an easy wedding updo or a pretty way to keep your hair up, this boho-chic hairstyle should do the trick. All it takes is three simple braids, some bobby pins, elastics, and of course, hairspray. And while it’s lovely on its own, don’t be afraid to twist it to your taste—you can add pretty hair clips or other embellishments to make it your own.
Check out Candice’s video for the full tutorial on this gorgeous look.
What are your go-to hairstyles for medium-length hair?
Looking for a look that’s more sleek and professional? Here’s how the achieve the perfect easy sock bun.
Whether you’re new to the eye makeup scene or interested in going back to the basics, we’ve rounded up the four eye looks that you need to know. From a work-appropriate cat-eye to bold, eye-popping liner, we’re touching all the bases so you can rock your gorgeous peepers in any setting.
1. How To: Neutral Cat-Eye
Cat-eyes tend to fall on the dramatic side of eye looks but for those of us who want a more subtle look, here’s how to get a cat-eye that’s clean and neutral. Using a gel eyeliner like Cailyn Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner guarantees precision and lets you decide how thick or thin you want the line to be.
Triple Braided Hairstyle Tutorial, Flowers for Every Season, How to Score Dewy Skin, and More: Reading List
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss. Read them while you’re laying on the beach or relaxing indoors.
A Look Back on a Century’s Worth of Beauty
If you haven’t had a chance to see P&G Beauty’s time capsule video looking back at a century’s worth of beauty and style—stop everything and watch it right now. This cute compilation of looks from the 1920s till now showcases some of our favorite beauty looks: flapper bobs, Rosie the Riveter-style head scarfs, Farah Fawcett hair, and today’s sock bun.
Check out the video above for a full flashback to iconic styles from the last 100 years, then tell us: which one is your fave?
Looking for more hair tutorials? Hop on over to Birchbox’s YouTube channel for a full selection of how-to’s for your mane.