Pets + Birchbox = Adorableness!
We love pets, and they seem to love Birchboxes—a recipe for ridiculously cute pictures, no? It makes our day to see fuzzy friends who are just as excited about Birchbox as we are—and we can’t be the only ones. Just look (and ‘awww’) at these subscribers’ Birchbox-lovin’ friends:
1. Carter B. sent this photo of his English bulldog to our team last week. How cute is that little bow tie?
2. We love seeing your upcycled Birchboxes—and so far the prize for most unexpected way to use it goes to Jodi F. A few weeks ago, she wrote “Right now I am using my boxes to incubate Sebastopol goose eggs. I needed something sturdy to hold the eggs during their month long incubation.” Last week, she updated us with this (amazing) photo of one of her goslings.
3. @raefaye: “What an amazing #birchbox month! I got a beautiful #cat in mine. #delilah @birchboxuk” We didn’t see that one in the sneak peek!
4. Devon F. shared this photo of her curious black lab on our Facebook: “Been with Birchbox for over a year, love my monthly surprise in the mail! And my pup, Lucy, does too!”
5. Rebecca K. isn’t the only one excited about her latest Birchbox. “My cat, Blossom, was happy for this month’s arrival!”
6. @nolacml: “Porkchop loves #birchbox too #frenchbulldog”
7. @jorance: “it seems ellie likes my april birchbox too! #april #birchbox #cute #cat #beauty #makeup #aw”
8. @betheebee: “Tilly isn’t quite as excited as I am about my very first #birchbox!”
9. Subscriber Sierra H. is one lucky lady: ”My favorite time of the month; a special delivery by the cutest cat in the world — helped by the best Birchbox gifting boyfriend in the world!”
Have a pic of a Birchbox-loving pet to share? Share your photo on Instagram or Twitter with hashtag #PetsofBirchbox or upload a pic on our FB page! We’ll add them to our #PetsofBirchbox Facebook album here!
Now that you’ve snapped your pet pic, upcycle your Birchbox with these three easy DIYs.
While we try to honor our moms all 365 days of the year, every May, we do a little something extra for the women who bought us our first lip glosses, soothed our teenage breakouts, and helped us choose the most gentle cleanser for our sensitive skin. Now it’s time for us to return the favor.
Take a peek at what these Birchbox daughters picked out this Mother’s Day, and pick up a few gift ideas along the way.
Dana Halpern and her mom
“My mom is a huge proponent of skincare and beauty! Thanks to her, I know that it’s just as important to wash and moisturize twice a day as it is to throw on some extra eyeliner and eye shadow before I go out for the night. She LOVES the Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab set (she even had me purchase it for some of her friends!), so I know that it would be a perfect gift for her for Mother’s Day.”
Our obsession with the Mirenesse Glossy Kiss has gone global. These pretty lip pencils are a favorite in all four of the Birchbox offices—and we can’t stop talking about them. From how to wear the shades as lipsticks and cheek color, to how to sharpen the pencils and more, here’s how we’re wearing these gorgeous hues right now:
10 Awesome Parties To Celebrate Benefit’s Fakeup Concealer
We’re head over heels for Benefit’s new Fakeup under eye concealer, which covers dark circles like a dream and hydrates skin for up to six hours. We wanted to spread the good word to our customers, so this past week we teamed up with Benefit and hosted events over two days at the brand’s boutiques in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Connecticut. Those who attended were treated to a complimentary brow service, a $35 Benefit gift card, yummy treats and bubbly, and an exclusive Birchbox + Benefit gift box. Instead of telling you how much fun we had, we thought we’d show you how it went instead! Check out some of the supercute pics our subscribers took on Instagram:
1. @bradyjcrews, Birchbox Benefit Fakeup Event!! @birchbox @benefitcosmetics #fakeup@erikah9999 @korianni (New York)
2. @botanicole21: @birchbox @benefitbeauty testing products at benefit with Clara! #fakeup #santamonica (Los Angeles)
3. @lianhua: Makin’ ourselves purdy with @benefitbeauty and @birchbox at the #FakeUpparty! (San Francisco)
4. @katiawb: I just bought more makeup… I couldn’t help it!! cc @birchbox @benefitcosmetics #fakeup (Our co-founder in New York)
5. @missmtvtalent: Had so much fun tonight with @loveshopaholic @benefitcosmetics @birchbox #fakeup #perfecteyebrows #friends (Los Angeles)
6. @loveforlacquer: Poppin champagne at the @birchbox @benefitcosmetics event! #birchbox #benefit #benefitcosmetics #fakeup #loveforlacquer #event (Connecticut)
7. @mehlers: @birchbox @benefitcosmetics #fakeup event #greenwich with my #gorgeousgf @sarahreichard #champagne #shopping (Connecticut)
8. @lyanow: $45 ticket got me an amazing brow wax, $35 benefit gift card (used to score some #fakeup and fine one one for cheeks & lips), bubbles&cake pops, AND a bonus birchbox/benefit box? today is the best day ever. (Chicago)
10. @sharleeenie: Birchbox + Benefit Fakeup event. @itzteenstaa (San Francisco)
Another Benefit product we love: Fine One One.
Last November, we debuted a Birchbox Home limited edition collection filled with entertaining essentials to help you throw a New Year’s Eve fête or a cozy dinner party. This time around, we’ve put together a selection of lifestyle must-haves dedicated to spring and all its bounty.
From a foolproof herb-growing kit to yummy award-winning jams, this limited edition box is teeming with topnotch seasonal picks. There’s a sturdy Baggu Market Shopping Bag to carry your fresh produce, an adorable radish-print utility knife for slicing the ingredients in your favorite spring recipes, and LAFCO’s Little Luxuries Candle Tin to spruce up your living space.
Don’t put off using your green thumb! Grab a Limited Edition: Farm to Table Box—which has an $89 value—for just $32 right now. If you’ve fallen in love with an individual item in the box, you can find separate products available for purchase in our new Home & Food category in the Birchbox shop.
Looking to grab our regular women’s box? Click here to become a subscriber now.
Announcing: Birchbox for Boxes!
We heard you loud and clear: You can’t get enough boxes! Now we’re giving you all the boxes you’ve dreamed of—and more.
For just $20 a month, you’ll receive deliveries of gorgeous, inspired boxes in all shapes, sizes, and colors, ready to be filled with whatever you choose.
Excited? Grab your very own Birchbox for Boxes subscription here!
As you know, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve your experience on Birchbox.com—shopping should be fun, easy, and exciting, right? We’re extreeeemely excited to introduce you to our brand-new feature: Customer Favorites. It’s a one-click (one-heart?) way to add products to your own personalized wish list. (So much easier to remember that Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream you’ve been wanting to buy, right?) Follow the steps below to find out how to use the new feature, and let us know in the comments what you think!
Staffers’ (and Members) Best Beauty Tips: Birchbox Intern Diaries
In an office filled with beauty lovers, it’s only natural that many of our staffers have some secret beauty tips hidden up their sleeves. Last week we asked three Birchbox staffers what their all-time favorite hair, makeup, or skincare tip is and where they discovered it. Watch to learn all about their favorite tips.
Since we know our members are also super savvy, we asked our YouTube viewers to share their favorite tips as well. Here’s a few of our favorites from the video comments:
littlewomanlynn: “My fave beauty tip is to use rose water to clean your face.”
chicachew: “My tip is to keep a rose salve handy. It’s perfect for moisturizing cuticles or rough patches, taming flyways and giving a dewy gloss to cheeks!”
TheBeautyBox1211: “Swatching lipstick on your fingertips rather than your hand because the texture is more similar to your lips!”
belinda z: “For a DIY matte top coat, just mix cornstarch with an inexpensive clear polish.”
Tell us in the comments what your favorite beauty tip is too!
Kathy Ong from Beauty Palette tells us about her all-natural skincare routine, here
Operations associate, Loren, has a thing for nails—and we can’t blame her. We love reading about new finishes and fun techniques, so we thought we’d give her a weekly slot on our blog to wax poetic about all things manicure (and pedicure!) related. Check back every Thursday for Nailing It, Birchbox’s dedicated polish series.
Operations Manager, Emily, is wearing OPI My Vampire is Buff
Happy Valentine’s Day Birchboxers! Whether you love celebrating the holiday in all its pink glory or prefer to let the bouquets and conversation hearts pass quietly into the night, there’s no better way to make your day brighter than by giving yourself a little love—especially on your digits!
The Operations Team has been sporting some great nail art and polish shades that perfect for V-day lately. Heading to a fancy dinner or just making dinner at home with your beau? We’ve got you covered! Here are a few lacquers and ideas for some inspiration: