124 posts tagged beauty high
A ’90s Makeup Staple Makes a Comeback, Takashi Murakami for Shu Uemura, and More
- More good news for millenials post *NSYNC—one of your fave drugstore brands, Jane, is back on shelves this month. [Huffington Post]
- Japanese artist Takashi Murakami (whose Louis Vuitton collab lead to some very original purses) is joining forces with Shu Uemura on a holiday collection. [WWD]
- Green juice has been such a big trend lately it’s hard to keep up with all the news. Here’s a handy guide to help you find blends near you. [Well+Good NYC]
- Facebook has joined the nail polish game. We bet you can already guess what color their “social butterfly” hue is. [Mashable]
- Four haircuts that really show off your curly-hair. [Real Simple]
- Dry damaged strands got you down? Here’s a pre-shampoo remedy that has our UK editor raving. [Birchbox UK]
Feeling a little out of the loop? Catch up on all the buzziest news here.
VMA Highlights, Tory Burch’s Beauty Line, And More
- When *NSYNC reunited on stage at last night’s VMAs, our hearts soared. Can there be an encore performance?!? [Just Jared]
- And in case you missed any of the scantily-clad, barely-there frocks from yesterday’s red carpet, you can take a look at all of the what-not-to-wear moments here. [Huffington Post]
- The SoulCycle founders open up about how they got their business off the ground, where they look for inspiration, and why being their own customer is so important. [Refinery 29]
A Closer Look at Gender-Specific Packaging, *NSYNC Reunion Rumors, and More
- Do splashes of pink really make a product more female friendly? There’s a lot more to product marketing than you think. [Refinery29]
- This may be the best rumor we’ve heard in a while: *NSYNC might be performing at this year’s VMAs! [Time]
- What do guys really think about your lipstick choice? Find out. [Huffington Post]
- We’re loving this inspirational profile on Inner Me, the supplement brand that’s all about beauty from the inside out. [Birchbox UK]
In need of a fun new bauble to update your look? Check out our staffer Amanda’s new Etsy Shop!
The Obamas Get a New Dog, How to Know When a Product is Expired and More
- Say hello to the second contender for the White House’s most adorable pup—Sunny Obama. [Huffington Post]
- Novelist and screenwriter Elmore Leonard, author of Get Shorty, passed away this morning. [CNN]
- Sometimes you just have to let go—here’s how to know when a product is past its prime. [Beauty High]
- We’re reaching for these (almost) good-for-you cocktails at happy hour this week. Bring on the vitamin-rich honeydew drinks. [Well+Good NYC]
- Guys, there is a real life Barbie Dreamhouse in East Berlin, and the photos of it are mind-blowing. [The Cut]
Need to catch up on even more news? Don’t miss our morning must reads.
The Great Beyonce Hair Watch, Lohan’s New TV Gig, and More
- Beyonce’s pixie has already morphed into a bob! [BeautyHigh]
- Jennifer Aniston veered from her signature sleek look at a We’re the Millers premiere. [Fashionista]
- Read more about our favorite EIC Eva Chen and her relationship with Anna Wintour, influence for the new generation, her background, and much more. [New York Times]
Ruffian took the beauty world by storm when they debuted their reverse half-moon nail design on the runway. Now they’ve partnered up with Birchbox to bring you their first-ever nail lacquer collection.
Covergirl + Hunger Games, Michelle Obama’s Hip Hop Album, and More
- Michelle Obama is putting together a hip-hop album as part of her “Let’s Move!” obesity campaign. [Refinery 29]
- You! Lingerie broke the mold by using fully pregnant models for their Lingerie Fashion Week show. [Huffington Post]
- New mom Kristen Bell decided to pose for Redbook Magazine without losing all of her baby weight—and she looks fantastic. [Fashionista]
- Jennifer Aniston would rather shave her head than wear “The Rachel” for the rest of her life. [Total Beauty]
Did you know Tina Fey has a new show coming soon? We celebrated the news by looking back on good times with Liz Lemon—in GIFS.
Age Restrictions On Polish Remover, Deborah Lippmann’s Newest Sparklers, and More
- Perhaps a little extreme, you now have to be 18 or older to buy nail polish remover from CVS. [Fashionista]
- Add some serious shine to your digits with Deborah Lippmann’s new line of glitter and holographic polishes. [Elle]
- No need to leave your pets at home anymore. Carry them with you using these cage-inspired necklaces and headpieces. [Glamour]
- In her new Allure interview, Jennifer Garner’s talks about motherhood, not wanting to be known as “the wife of Ben Affleck,” and more. [Allure]
- 3.1 Phillip Lim’s complete collection for Target is now up for viewing and we’re lusting after, well, everything. [Refinery 29]
If you’re contemplating a Bambi-inspired eyelash extension, inform yourself with these do’s and don’ts.
Weekend Mani Inspiration, How to Stay Safe at the Beach and More
- Stay safe at the beach this summer with tips on everything from handling rip currents to the signs of sun sickness. [Greatist]
- Lady Gaga bares it all in a promotional video for artist Marina Abramovic’s kickstarter campaign to fund a performance art center. [The Gloss]
- This intern from the site Next Movie can recite all of Mean Girls in less than 30 minutes. How’s that for fetch. [Gawker]
- Does sleeping on your face cause wrinkles? Find out here. [Total Beauty]
The Right Way to Cover Undereye Circles, Mariah Carey’s Blooper Reel, and More
- From air purifiers to therapeutic lighting, this gorgeous apartment was built to make you healthier. [Well+Good]
- The H&M online shop is finally up. Now you can skip the crowds and shop all those designer collabs from your couch. [Elle]
- Here’s the right way to cover up those pesky undereye circles, courtesy of Bobbi Brown herself. [She Finds]
Curious about what’s in Birchbox staffer purses? Find out here.
Behind the Makeunders of Orange is the New Black, Socks for a Cause, and More
- Michal Bigger, the makeup artist for Orange is the New Black, discusses the show’s drab transformations, creating dark under eye circles, and more. [Beauty High]
- Which celebs were chosen to cover the September issues of major fashion magazines? Check out the full list. [Fashionista]
- New company Bombas is aimed at giving the sock a major makeover (think better performance, look, feel—everything). Plus for each pair you buy, a pair will be donated to someone in need.[Indiegogo]
Looking for some online entertainment? Check out BB staffers’ favorite leisure time links.