Dry shampoo got you a little confused? Check out this tutorial for application tips and more!
Reading List: How To: The Perfect Sleek Blowout at Home, 5 Videos To Get You Ready For Columbus Day Weekend, And More
We know you don’t have oodles of time to browse through everything on the Birchbox blog and in the magazine each week. Here’s a short list of the top blog posts, articles, videos, and news that we don’t want you to miss.
- How To: The Perfect Sleek Blowout at Home: Scoring a salon-quality blowout at home used to feel impossible. But with a practice and the right products, we’re confident these tips will help you master the look.
- Ready for a Comeback: We know that fashion is cyclical (hello again 90s grunge), but some beauty trends that have made their way back into the spotlight are worth giving a try.
- 5 Travel Videos To Get You Ready For Columbus Day Weekend: Happy long weekend everyone! If you have some plans to get away for the mini-holiday (or anytime in the near future) these videos will get you ready to jet-set.
- Performance Wear Finally Goes To Work: While we’d love to bike or walk to work, the risk of damaging our office attire has always held us back. Luckily, a few brands heard our cries and are creating clothes that are performance-proof and work appropriate.
- How To: Get the (Romeo &) Juliet Look: Just in time for the latest iteration of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, our Birchbox UK editors have come up with several gorgeous Juliet-inspired looks you can try for yourself.
We love our liquid liners, but check out the one that changed this editor’s life.
I’m always on the hunt for the best tools and products to get a salon-worthy blowout at home that will really last all day. Last week, I took home some products from indie hair brand amika that claimed to keep my blowout looking fresh long after the first day. After deciding to turn my bathroom into a DIY blowout bar, I documented the whole thing on Instagram. Read on to see how my locks held up despite a crazy busy work week:
This weekend, I’m heading out of the sticky city and up to the fresh air of Andover, NH. I’m lucky enough to have a friend with a lakefront house, and even luckier that she doesn’t say no when I ask if she’d like some company. Happily, there isn’t much to do except kayak, cook with the bounty of the local farmer’s market, and make our annual pilgrimage to the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen’s Fair (which is as awesome as it sounds). Product-wise, it’s all about restoring and repairing—here’s what I’m bringing along.
Photo: William Hereford
I’ll never forget the day I first used amika’s Obliphica Nourishing Mask. It came in a big, colorful orange tub that dwarfed all my other shower products, and the thick cream inside smelled amazing. What was really impressive, though, was how shiny and healthy it made my hair look, even though I only left it on for thirty seconds instead of the recommended five minutes. I knew I had stumbled upon something special.
Since that memorable day, my hair and I have become very good friends with amika. The brand’s treatments and styling tools work magic, and they’re also famous for their distinctive design, especially in the form of eye-catching prints. I got in touch with Vita Raykhman, amika’s Creative Director, to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes at this stylish hair company, including their plans to make an exclusive mini blow dryer together with Birchbox!
Birchbox May 2013 Sneak Peek: Beauty Diaries
This month our theme is Beauty Diaries—get ready to spill the beans! We want to hear all about your beauty secrets, what products you try first in your Birchbox and more. To kick things off this month Katia, Hayley, and Mollie are picking out a few of the products they hope to receive in their boxes. Let us know in the YouTube comments what products you’re missing from your makeup bag and you could win all their picks!
Join Birchbox by May 14th to receive a May box this month!
(Photo: FameFlynet Pictures, NBC)
Drew Barrymore recently stopped by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to chat about her beauty line and life as a new mom—but we were too busy ogling Ms. Barrymore’s adorable spring look (for an up close view, check out the video below) to hear everything she was saying. The actress sported an adorable weekend look combo of pretty pink lips, bouncy waves fastened in a high ponytail, and fetching foral-print jeans. Here’s how to recreate her look just in time for Saturday brunch:
Step 1: You won’t find a single blemish on Drew’s flawless complexion. Before applying your go-to complexion perfectors, prep your skin with a mattifier like MAKE’s Face Primer SPF 30.