From Ciao! Manhattan to Annie Hall, here are the films that have inspired the Brit It-girl.
Alexa loves Eyeko—and so do we! Check out their amazing liners and mascaras in our Shop.
Super fun fact: Professional It girl Alexa Chung turns to Eyeko’s Skinny Liquid Eyeliner to score her signature sultry cat eyes. After lusting after Alexa’s hip makeup and gushing about this liner to pretty much anyone who would listen, we decided it was high time we caught up with the lady behind the magic: Eyeko founder Nina Leykind.
In the latest edition of our Innovator-in-Chief series, Nina gave us the inside scoop on a must-have mascara, her favorite beauty icons, and even came up with a new product idea mid-interview.
Find out the inside scoop from Nina here.
Alexa Chung Teams Up With Eyeko Cosmetics
One of fashion’s favorite “it” girls, Alexa Chung, is growing her resumé. Announced today, the style maven has inked a deal to be an advisor for London-based Eyeko Cosmetics. According to Chung, the partnership with founders Max and Nina Leykind is currently very collaborative and easygoing: “I send images and different inspirations to Max and Nina and we go from there. It’s quite free form at the moment.”
As soon as we heard the news, we knew this was a match made in beauty-style heaven. While we love Chung’s quirky wardrobe, we’ve always admired her signature cat eye beauty look. There’s no denying she’s good with liquid liner and the fact that’s she’s also a Brit makes this celebrity endorsement a fantastic fit.
The first collab between Chung and the brand will be a limited-edition $45 set that includes a waterproof black eyeliner and waterproof black mascara. It will go on sale in November at Selfridges, Sephora, and Space NK.
We know Birchbox subscribers love Eyeko’s Skinny Liquid Liner, but here’s another customer love note for a traditional soap that changed her life.
Bumble and Bumble’s heritage salon in NYC got a revamp—the first since a fire damaged the space in the 1990s. (photo: WWD)
- The final season of Gossip Girl premiered this week. In anticipation of saying goodbye to everyone’s favorite Upper East Siders, Fashionista put together a slideshow of the show’s greatest looks. Headbands will never be the same. [Fashionista]
- We fell in love with that amazing Chanel hula hoop handbag from the recent Paris show, and apparently Anderson Cooper is a fan as well. When fashion darling Alexa Chung appeared on his show this week he surprised her with her own custom version, complete with AC initials. [Refinery29]
- The 56th St. Bumble and Bumble salon has just received a major facelift. It now has a consultation bar with iPads, and shampoo station stocked with a library of literature and imagery. We can wait to make our appointment. [WWD]
- In sad media news, at least 60 people were laid off across Conde Nast today. Self and Brides were apparently particularly hard hit. [NYMag]
- Halloween is coming, and sooner than you think. Are you ready? Click through for 25 easy-peasy costumes that require little more than face paint. [BellaSugar]
You still have time to come up with a kick-butt Halloween costume. Watch our Effie Trinket Hunger Games tutorial for some inspiration.