Ashley Weatherford, author of the skin-centric blog August Skin, first learned about face masks from her father at a young age. Since then, she’s experimented with any product she can get her hands on—especially those formulated to battle acne and oil. Here, she shares her tips for fighting hard-to-treat blemishes.
Finding the right skincare routine can be like solving a jigsaw puzzle. Which product do you use when? (And where? and how?) This week the experts at DDF Skincare (whose Amplifying Elixir some of you may find in your box this month!) hopped on Twitter to answer your questions about piecing together the ideal skincare routine. From when to exfoliate to the benefits of their oh-so-cool new tool, the Revolve 500x, here are our top five favorite tips we learned from our chat:
1. When cold weather hits, double up: “Try exfoliating twice per week, and use a moisturizer with glycerin to help with winter dryness.”
2. While the size of your pores does not actually change (myth buster!), the DDF Wrinkle Resist + Pore Minimizer can help “diminish the look of pores.”
3. Never swap in a nighttime moisturizer for a morning one: “AM formulas are designed to protect, and PM formulas are designed to restore.”
4. When feeling lazy, stick to the basics: “#1 is UV protection every day. A basic skincare regimen is cleanse twice a day and moisturize at night."
5. Why invest in the new DDF Revolve 500x? It boasts a “360 degree rotation technology that your hands/scrubs simply can’t replicate.”
Want more skincare tips? You can read through the entire chat with #AskDDFSkincare.
Dry winter skin giving you the blues? Check out 3 ways to Repair Your Skin Right Now.
Sometimes it feels like no matter what you try—masks, topical treatments, buzzy new face-scrubbing tools—you just can’t score a blemish-free face. We know how tough it can be to pinpoint exactly what’s causing that nasty flareup, which is why we asked Linda Stephenson, founder of standout skincare brand Mèreadesso, for her best tips on getting a gorgeous complexion.
Not only is Stephenson a longtime veteran of the cosmetics industry, she also holds degrees in chemistry, biology, and botany! She created Mèreadesso to be an extrasimple line packed with good-for-your-skin ingredients—and if anyone knows how to revamp a cluttered skincare routine and focus on the right products, it’s her. Read on to find out Stephenson’s helpful hints for scoring flawless skin:
5 Ways to Avoid Breaking Out in the Summer
While I love summer weather, I’m not a huge fan of the heat and sweat threatening me with breakouts. Piling on the necessary amount of sunscreen and heavy makeup doesn’t exactly make my skin a happy camper. I’d rather be enjoying the sun than worrying about breakouts. That’s why I’m revamping my usual beauty routine with help from our latest video.
These 5 tips will help you avoid those pesky pimples and keep your skin happy. Summer skincare is all about keeping it light and fresh so I always look for products that will keep my skin matte. Supergoop!® SPF 30+ Everyday UV Lotion for Face and Body is a perfect sunscreen that will keep your skin protected without feeling greasy. I don’t have perfect skin so I rely on at least a little coverage in the summer. CC creams like Pur Minerals CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40 provide enough coverage without the feel of heavy makeup. Kiss those breakouts goodbye!
These tips not enough? Here are more 7 Tricks for Nixing Summer Breakouts.