1 post tagged accent wall
5 Ways to Use Wallpaper (Besides Putting it On Your Walls)
Wallpaper always felt like one of those things best left to crafty design bloggers and nesting homeowners—i.e, not 20-somethings living in shoebox-sized apartments. But that’s about to change, thanks to Chasing Paper, a new line of stunning, high-quality removable wallpaper. Launched by Elizabeth Rees, the company is all about design and choice. And these gorgeous papers aren’t just for walls—Rees gave us beginner-friendly ways you can brighten up your living space. Read on.
Chasing Paper was created in the conversations with serial-movers, stylish mamas, renters who feel like anything but, those with a hate-hate relationship with white walls, and, of course, DIYers. It’s high design meets no-commitment, no-hassle, change-your-mind-as-many-times-as-you-want-to. We offer beautifully rich and textured paper that is sold in 2 foot by 4 foot panels. It finally allows people to tackle small projects that have a big impact at an affordable price. And while Chasing Paper is great for dressing up your white walls, that’s not all….
1. The Dresser: Maybe it’s survived a few moves and now you have to strategically place flowers and design books to cover nicks and scratches. Give it new life (and style) by covering the top or lining the drawers. You can change the paper whenever you like, or perhaps after your next move!
2. The Backsplash: You probably never noticed the little wall behind your sink or below your cabinets, but once you cover it with a fun print it’ll be a showstopper. Just wipe the paper down if things get a bit messy.
3. The Great Frame Up: So you can’t afford fancy art—no worries! Just pick a panel of Chasing Paper and frame it or just put it right on your wall—you’ll have interesting, impactful, and affordable art.
4. The Ikea Table: It’s practical and small, and heck, it was only $10 at Ikea. Why not dress it up and make it original?
5. The Original Accent Wall: We’d be remiss if we didn’t mention the old standby in the wallpapering world: the accent wall. Just choose a spot and a pattern!
Another way to give your home a spring refresh: our new Birchbox Home: From the Garden collection, filled with seasonal items.