3 posts tagged The Oscars
Get the Look: Jennifer Lawrence’s Makeup from Oscars 2013: Birchbox Intern Diaries
Jennifer Lawrence has been headed towards ‘It Girl’ status for quite a while now and her big win at the Oscars on Sunday evening solidified it. After seeing her stunning Dior gown, paired with a romantic up-do and a subtle smoky eye, I was dying to recreate the look.
Watch this week’s Birchbox Intern Diaries video to see how I recreate Jennifer Lawrence’s Oscar Awards makeup in just a few simple steps!
Top 5 Beauty Looks at the 2013 Oscars
Last night’s Oscars held little surprises for the awards (Argo won the big one, and Jennifer Lawrence and Daniel Day-Lewis each took home best actor statuettes) or the beauty looks. Hollywood waves were in (go figure) as was fresh-faced makeup. There were a few standouts, however— including a dramatic look that we’ll be wearing asap. Keep reading for our favorites.
- Reese Witherspoon: The perpetually glowing star wore one of this year’s top red carpet trends: shiny retro waves (see Jessica Chastain and Jessica Alba). Get the look at home with our Hollywood waves tutorial.
- Giuliana Rancic: The E! News host caused a minor stir when she turned up without her signature tresses. We approve of her short ‘do, which is very reminiscent of Karlie Kloss’ chop a few months ago. Learn more about the new bob in our guide, plus tips on styling it.
- Kerry Washington: With sleek hair and muted makeup, the star looked fresh as can be. We loved the petal pink blush paired with loads of Lancôme HYPNÔSE STAR mascara and Rouge in Love lipstick in Rose Boudoir.
- Amanda Seyfried: Amanda always looks flawless but we love her slightly out-of-the box choice of a purple smoky eye. Get the look with Lancome’s Color Design 5 5 Shadow Eye Palette.
- Jennifer Hudson: Not only does J—Hud look quite svelte and fabulous, but she turned out two stunning looks: first on the red carpet in an ultraglam navy number and then in her Dreamgirls number. We especially loved her lovely flat iron curls and bangs during her performance of “I’m Not Going.” Find out how to perfect these waves yourself with this video tutorial.
Photo: Getty Images (Giuliana Rancic, Amanda Seyfried, Kerry Washington, Jennifer Hudson); Wire Image (Reese Witherspoon)
We were wow-ed by more than just the beauty looks last night. Take a look at our picks for best dressed.
Get Glam for The Oscars with SRSLY
Fashion Week isn’t even over yet, but we’re so excited for the next big event: the Oscars! (Obviously.) Our friends from SRSLY are likewise seriously excited, with their own big plans for Academy-worthy red-carpet glamour. Watch and share the video, then let us know what your Oscar predictions are in the comments. Will Anne Hathaway take it away? Will Silver Linings Playbook sweep the awards? How many people will Seth MacFarlane offend? We want to hear from you!
We’ve got more fun with SRSLY on our YouTube channel. Subscribe for new videos weekly.