TGIF! Amiright? Even though this was a short week for us (Go Columbus!), it was a busy one and we’re ready for the weekend. To kick it off, read a few of our favorite stories from this week. xo, Birchbox
- The world was taken with rainbow-colored tips this summer when Lauren Conrad showcased dip-dyed hair on her blog. Now, she’s gone and dyed the tips of her hair a lovely peach shade. Is this the fall-approps version? [TheBeautyDepartment]
- Of course you know it’s Friday, and that may also mean you’re hitting the bars tonight. Or maybe you’re having a quiet night with some wine and cheese. Either way, this roundup of booze-inspired beauty products will help you get ready for your evening. No age limit. [Refinery29]
- Who doesn’t love a great fashion video? Here are 10 of the best from this season. [Fashionista]
- We normally think of bleach blond hair as a summertime endevour but this slideshow of celebs rocking it has us reconsidering for fall. [Lucky]
- Aging isn’t always top of our minds, but according to this article, it’s possible to predict how well our skin will age (even if you’re still basking in the glow of your 20s). And it’s not just lifestyle that’s an indicator — the shape of your face, and presence of high cheekbones are also factors. [Elle]
Craving more beauty intel? Read what this month’s Birchbox Crush, the uber-talented Eva Chen, has to say!
Courtesy of Vogue Italia
Happy Friday, Birchboxers! Before we jet off on our three-day weekend (woohoo!) here are some of the stories that have caught our eye this week.
- Refinery29 opened our eyes to the possibility of feather hair extensions, a trend we’ll be trying ASAP, along with some super fun nail strips.
- Style.com compared the Clarisonic Mia skin brush to the new, much more affordable Olay version and the results were pretty even. We’re fans of the Clarisonic (See our guide to washing your face), but this review has us checking our wallets.
- Ever wonder where the beehive hairstyle came from? The Daily Mail (via Cut Blog), introduced us to the hairstylist who created the look in 1960 for Modern Beauty Salon magazine. Who knew it would still be popular 51 years later? Learn a slightly toned down version with our guide to hair teasing.
- We’ve got celebrities in ad campaigns on the brain lately. There’s Taylor Swift for CoverGirl of course, but also Gwen Stefani for L’Oreal Paris, and Amanda Seyfried (LOVE her) for Cle de Peau. On the fashion front, there’s Leighton Meester for Missoni, looking happier than we’ve ever seen her and Katie Holmes for Ann Taylor.
- You might have heard that Pantone’s color of 2011 is Honeysuckle, a hot pink shade that makes us smile. Hot pink can be a lot to handle so if you’re looking for some ideas on translating the trend to your makeup, check out Anna De Souza’s guide on Huffington Post.