Photos from Chanel: Luca Cannonieri/GoRunway.com via style.com
You might have heard that our office is moving! Woop, woop! But, before we get to the new digs, we have some unfinished business. Namely, our reading list. Here’s what was going on while we packed up our beauty closet this week.
- BellaSugar has all the deets on a pair of LED glasses that read your mind (really!) and display the emotion you’re feeling at that moment. Our faces usually do the talking for us anyway, but these might be a bit too revealing!
- Givenchy + Liv Tyler = breathtaking. That’s the takeaway from Givenchy’s Fall/Winter beauty campaign. See the ad on Beauty High.
- Of course we’ve been keeping an eye on Kate, Duchess of Windsor’s outfits all week as she traipsed (only joking, princesses don’t traipse) across North America with Wills. Now we have a royal fragrance to look forward to as well. Style.com alerted us to fragrance company, House of Creed’s new frangrance, Royal Oud. It will be released in October but the couple get to try it out before anyone else, tomorrow at the Santa Barbara Polo Club.
- Also this week? Couture shows! Allure breaks down the perfect smoky eye at the Chanel show.
- In case you’re getting married this summer, attending a few, or just like having pretty hair, you may want to take a look at Refinery29’s ideas for updated styles.
Image of Linda Rodin from Style.com
Another Friday, another link round up! It feels a bit like the calm before the storm over at Birchbox HQ right now. We’re about to head into a few crazy weeks. Not only are February boxes shipping next week (woot!), it’s also Social Media Week. Not to mention, the start of the most thrilling, manic, awesome of all weeks: Fashion Week. With that in mind, TGIF:
- Fashion Copious posted the first image of Lady Gaga’s March Vogue Cover (that we know of). She’s sporting a bubble-gum pink bob, dark violet lips, and looks like she’s had her brows bleached.
- Man Candy Alert! Sorry, I had to. This video collab between Justin Wu and jakandjil.com features the antics of male models from the Milan and Paris F/W 11/12 shows. Just try not smiling, it’s impossible!
- In the Financial Times “Lunch with the FT” column Vanessa Friedman sat down with Natalie Massenet, founder of Net-a-Porter and the new off-shoot, Mr. Porter. She’s also essentially responsible for luxury e-tailing as we know it today, no big deal.
- Fashionista covers new high-tech advancements in skin care this week. Coolest by far are the “twist and mix” vials of La Prairie Cellular Power Infusion. We’re also loving the Philosophy Keep The Peace line, available in March.
- Style.com’s Beauty Counter Blog spoke with the founder of Rodin-Olio Lusso, Linda Rodin about her beauty routines. At 63, she seems to have discovered the fountain of youth.
Loving Linda Rodin and Gaga’s bold lips? Us too! Check out our guides to wearing red or orange!