Reading List: Get Party Ready in Just 10 Minutes, Life Lessons from Vince Vaughn (Seriously), 5 Get-Happy Tips, and More
1. Holiday Beauty How To: We’re over the moon to announce a series of holiday makeup tutorials with InStyle. First up, InStyle’s Beauty Director Kahlana Barfield teaches Mollie how to get holiday party ready in just 10 minutes.
2. Vince Vaughn’s Life Lessons: Who knew this funny guy had a soft spot? Fresh off the premiere of his new film, Delivery Man, Vince Vaughn opens up to Birchbox Man about being yourself, the importance of change, and the role of friendship.
3. 5 Ways to Be Happy Now: Beat your seasonal blues with these surefire tips to make you smile. Spoiler alert: Doing good for others is one of the best ways to turn your frown upside down.
4. Queen Karlie: Our UK team goes all fangirl on their #1 style inspiration, the angelic Karlie Kloss. Find out why they love her and (bonus!) how to get her signature look.
5. Flipboard x Birchbox: Birchbox’s new partnership with Flipboard makes it easy to shop via your tablet or phone. Even better? Act like a Birchbox editor and curate your own shareable wishlists with friends and family!
Good news: purchase a Birchbox subscription by November 17 and you’ll score our amazing November Birchbox. Packed with topnotch samples from can’t-miss brands, it has everything you need stay gorgeous all month long.
Sometimes it feels like no matter what you try—masks, topical treatments, buzzy new face-scrubbing tools—you just can’t score a blemish-free face. We know how tough it can be to pinpoint exactly what’s causing that nasty flareup, which is why we asked Linda Stephenson, founder of standout skincare brand Mèreadesso, for her best tips on getting a gorgeous complexion.
Not only is Stephenson a longtime veteran of the cosmetics industry, she also holds degrees in chemistry, biology, and botany! She created Mèreadesso to be an extrasimple line packed with good-for-your-skin ingredients—and if anyone knows how to revamp a cluttered skincare routine and focus on the right products, it’s her. Read on to find out Stephenson’s helpful hints for scoring flawless skin:
Figuring out how to order your skincare lineup can feel like trying to solve a rubik’s cube—not impossible but clearly a challenge. You’ve got a bathroom shelf filled with products, but which comes first?
The good news is you don’t to have to be a dermatologist to learn how to get the most out of your beauty routine. Just use this nifty diagram and the tips below to layer your products like a pro.
Despite my best efforts to catch up on sleep each weekend, by the middle of the work week I’m usually feeling more droopy than peppy. This week I’m avoiding the dreaded, “you look tired” line from coworkers by using some of my favorite tricks to hide bags, dark circles, and less-than-glowing skin. Here are my favorite ways to fake it ‘til you make it:
Get Rid of Undereye Circles Without Concealer
I’m not giving up my concealer (more on that to come) but these handy pads feel soothing and help depuff the worst of undereye circles. They go to work in 10 minutes while I’m eating my breakfast.
How To: Fake Looking Awake
I’ve literally never seen my coworker Eric look tired so it’s a safe bet you can trust his advice in this video. In addition to explaining what eye cream is best for when, he also offers up a DIY trick that serves the same purpose as those undereye treatment masks.
If there’s one thing my mother asks me every time I speak to her, it’s “Are you drinking enough water?” If I happen to mention that my skin is looking less than stellar, she’s quick to remind me to drink the recommended eight ounces. I know I should drink more water and that it’s good for my skin but I’m often too lazy. But for the last six months I’ve been making a concerted effort to keep a water bottle on hand and in that in that time I’ve noticed a big change in my skin. Of course I still get breakouts, but I can always tell when I haven’t been drinking enough water. My skin just starts to look a little dull and blotchy.
If you’ve never visited a Dermalogica boutique, you’re missing out. Even if you’re not a skincare geek like me, it’s the place to go for help with any conceivable skin issue. Every location offers complimentary Face Mapping, a service where a certified Dermalogica therapist uses their patented technology to diagnosis your skin issues (dehydration, aging, sun damage) and then suggests products. Within ten minutes, you’ll be infinitely more educated about your skin and its needs.
Earlier this week, I popped down to the Dermalogica Soho shop because my skin was painfully dry—the result of too much travel, not enough sleep, and freezing winter weather. I’d been piling on the products to no avail, but I figured that the Dermalogica skin whizzes would have some tricks up their sleeve. And they did. Click through for their dry skin fixes.