Kate and William are expecting their first child! (Photo: jamesallen.com)
Rumors have been swirling about Kate Middleton’s pregnancy. Recently reports surfaced that the couple are moving from their Welsh cottage to a newly refurbished apartment in Kensington Palace to make room for a growing family. Today, the Palace finally confirmed the news and announced that the royal family is “delighted” by the pregnancy. However, they added that the Duchess of Cambridge is coping with serious morning sickness and is resting in a London hospital.
We hope Kate feels better soon and offer our congrats to the parents-to-be!
If we could attend the royal baby shower or housewarming party (if only…), we would bring along something adorable from our Home Pop-up Shop to gift to Kate.
Photo via Kate Middleton FTW
As far as we’re concerned, nothing else is happening today but the Royal Wedding. We’re joking (sort of), but it is fun to look at the amazing Tumblrs that have sprung up in its honor. Here are our five favorites. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
- Kate Middleton FTW and the corresponding Twitter account have had us in stitches throughout the wedding prep. One of our favorite tweets? “OH GOD A PIECE OF THE CEILING JUST FELL ON PRINCESS BEATRICE. Wait, no, nm, that’s just her hat. Phew. #rw2011”
- Speaking of Princess Beatrice’s hat, there’s also a lovely new Tumblr dedicated to that very subject! Today’s Philip Treacy creation was one of her best but it’s not the first time she’s rocked a fabulous one.
- This Fuck Yeah Prince Harry Tumblr isn’t strictly royal wedding-related but it still works. Actually, this Tumblr is pretty relevant to our lives anytime - he is our last chance to marry a British prince after all.
- Royal Wedding Tat is an ode to all the amazing, mainly useless, memorabilia surrounding the wedding. You never know what that William and Kate commemorative pillow will be worth one day!
- The Today Show Tumblr is always one of our favorites but today in particular it is completely dedicated to the wedding and has tons of fun tidbits and quotes. We wish we could be partying with Hoda and Kathie Lee this weekend!
- Runner Up: Prince Charles FTW. Again, not strictly royal wedding-related but still hilarious. And although we couldn’t find a specific Tumblr dedicated to her (yet), the Internet consensus seems to be that Kate’s sister, Pippa Middleton stole the show this morning. Next event, Harry and Pippa’s wedding!